11-20-2013, 07:58 AM
How to get 9T cat
i have 2 8T cat and when i breed them i always get 8T cat
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: How to get 9T cat
I presume purchasing two 9T cats isn't acceptable. Tongue

Short, simple method: purchase a 9T which matches or is recessive on all 8T you presently have. Breed with the 8T until you get an 8T which can mate to the 9T (on average: 1.5 boxes required). Switch the new 8T offspring for its 8T parent and breed until you get a 9T (on average: 3.5 boxes). If can mate with 9T parent, you're done. Else if can mate with 8T parent, idled 8T from OP, or any box from this post, start another line. This can give you a large number of 9T lines (in theory, one line for each possible combination of traits present).

Longer, harder method, purchase an 8T which shows the missing trait. You only want to fall back to 7T, so set aside any 6T boxes. This increases the process because you'll have to cross 7T hiding 9T lines, to make 8T hiding 9T, and cross those to make 9T. On average, this should take 9 times as long as above.

Even longer, even harder method: same as above but purchase a 7T, work up from 6T, setting aside 4T and 5T boxes. This should on average take 9 times as long as the method just above, and 81 times as long as purchasing a 9T.

Even longer, even harder: get a 6T , work up from 5T, discarding 4 3 2 & 1 T boxes. 729 times as long as purchasing a 9T.

Even longer, get a starter (0T), 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5T and, basically, start over. You won't really be, but you'll be making a chamber-pot-full of 0T boxes so it's gonna feel like it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Hi Tifa Smile

It would be necessary to see the parents' pedigrees to be sure as to whether this pair can actually breed a 9T.
If the 9th trait is hidden then they will probably produce it sometime.

So get some advice from a seasoned breeder or better still take your breeders along to a breeding class where the case can be studied and you will also learn some more about breeding.
11-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi, Tifa. The only way to breed 9T is to either breed it back to the parent you want to get the trait out or you can breed the siblings. It will be good to look at the pedigree as a whole to see what it will pass. Just like what Anna said, you can get some advice from other breeders as well, at the same time attend the breeding class.

Crepe MyrtleHeart
Rawr! Kitty Owner
11-20-2013, 10:11 AM
There are, of course, other ways to get a 9T. It's possible (although unlikely) that you get a 9T from two starters. Back breeding is not the "only" method, but it's highly effective, so often used.

The others are right, have someone look at the Pedigree trees for the cats to check if a 9T should be possible. They can also warn you that a 7T can result, too.

I see "all I get is 8T" and I think you've bred five or six boxes and all were 8T, which leads me to think 8T is all which is possible.

But, all to often "all I get" translates to "I did this once, and got" and consulting someone or taking a class can help a LOT if that's the case.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2013, 10:13 AM
i will come to class

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)