Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

SIZE DIFFERENT
11-13-2013, 01:09 AM
RE: SIZE DIFFERENT
Thanks Liri Smile

Although i was keeping tabs on all my teacups and toys for a good while up untill 2013 and two of my families actually were producing sizes more often, and others, never; if KCR officially says they are totally random i guess thats it.
As the pattern was there i didn't really try to imagine any other factors which could've contributed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks Liri, that's pretty clear.

And thank you gals for the welcome.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
11-14-2013, 04:54 PM
I would still be curious to know if it still holds true. Since we have brought up the subject and seen all these updates and the major one with introducing the petite, bigger de big, and megapuss. Liri if you find it I am interested to know what was said, if at the time it wasn't or if they would not put the coding into do it.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-15-2013, 08:28 AM
If it's a simple non-referring (to a any other variable in the KC! database system) randomizer, then changing an update to include petites, BdB and Megapusses would be a simple matter of changing a single line of code:

If it previously looked something like this: (and I have no idea about the size distribution proportions)
Roll electronic dice d100:
If result = 1-5 > teacup
If result = 6-10 > toy
If result = 11- 100 > normal

and then you do an update to add BdB and Megapusses (this is just an example - I know they weren't added in that order)
If result = 1-5 > teacup
If result = 6-10 > toy
If result = 11-15 > petite
If result = 16-90 > normal
If result = 91-95 > bigger de big
If result = 96-100 > Megapuss.

It's really just one line of code (or a few small short ones).

Now there's another piece of folklore out there that says that you don't get a Megapuss until after you have 100 cats, or you have 100 live cats.
IF they can query other things in the database structure for the algorithm... it would have be be some kind of subroutine which would function like:
If result= 96-100 > Megapuss then see [User#] and check [Total number of cats in pedigree].
If [Total number of cats in pedigree] > 100, then Megapuss
If [Total number of cats in pedigree] < 100, then Normal.

So the question becomes, does the randomization query other fields in the KittyCats! database.

11-15-2013, 08:34 AM
(11-15-2013 08:28 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Now there's another piece of folklore out there that says that you don't get a Megapuss until after you have 100 cats, or you have 100 live cats.

I'm pretty sure that at least is not true, because I got a MegaPuss the other day and I counted my cats and I definitely have less than 100, even counting boxes and my son's kitties. Tongue
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
11-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Lightbulb RE: SIZE DIFFERENT
Huhbut if I wanted to partner normal with teacup, is it possible? Huh

Heart Ophy
opheliakira@gmail.com

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wo...134/244/23
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wo...134/245/31
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ea.../145/94/22
11-15-2013, 08:38 AM
(11-15-2013 08:35 AM)Ophelia Kira Wrote:  Huhbut if I wanted to partner normal with teacup, is it possible? Huh

Yes, you can partner any two cats that are of opposite genders. Even a MegaPuss with a Teacup Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Ophelia Kira
11-15-2013, 08:40 AM
(11-15-2013 08:38 AM)Ylva Helendale Wrote:  
(11-15-2013 08:35 AM)Ophelia Kira Wrote:  Huhbut if I wanted to partner normal with teacup, is it possible? Huh

Yes, you can partner any two cats that are of opposite genders. Even a MegaPuss with a Teacup Big Grin
OMG... LOL Dodgy

Heart Ophy
opheliakira@gmail.com

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wo...134/244/23
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wo...134/245/31
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ea.../145/94/22
11-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Thumbs Up RE: SIZE DIFFERENT
(11-15-2013 08:28 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  If it's a simple non-referring (to a any other variable in the KC! database system) randomizer, then changing an update to include petites, BdB and Megapusses would be a simple matter of changing a single line of code:

If it previously looked something like this: (and I have no idea about the size distribution proportions)
If result = 1-5 > teacup
If result = 6-10 > toy
If result = 11- 100 > normal

and then you do an update to add BdB and Megapusses (this is just an example - I know they weren't added in that order)
If result = 1-5 > teacup
If result = 6-10 > toy
If result = 11-15 > petite
If result = 16-90 > normal
If result = 91-95 > bigger de big
If result = 96-100 > Megapuss.

It's really just one line of code (or a few small short ones).

Now there's another piece of folklore out there that says that you don't get a Megapuss until after you have 100 cats, or you have 100 live cats.
IF they can query other things in the database structure for the algorithm... it would have be be some kind of subroutine which would function like:
If result= 96-100 > Megapuss then see [User#] and check [Total number of cats in pedigree].
If [Total number of cats in pedigree] > 100, then Megapuss
If [Total number of cats in pedigree] < 100, then Normal.

So the question becomes, does the randomization query other fields in the KittyCats! database.

Hmmm....pretty interesting concept there. If this is accurate, then I can see why I got so many megapusses on my other avatar because I had over 300 kitty boxes and breeded about 40 kitties at the same time. With my current avi, I only have about 100 kitty boxes and I have have gotten bigger de big, petite, and toy for sizes. I would like to test try this theory. Smile

Crepe MyrtleHeart
Rawr! Kitty Owner
11-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Well, Ylva has given us a datapoint that suggests - more than suggests - that the theory is false:

Quote:I'm pretty sure that at least is not true, because I got a MegaPuss the other day and I counted my cats and I definitely have less than 100, even counting boxes and my son's kitties.

I'd still like to know if any of KittyCats!' algorithms query other database fields. It might have other implications.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)