Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

SIZE DIFFERENT
11-10-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: SIZE DIFFERENT
Ah, so, the idea is to deceive and delude the clueless noobs into wasting their time chasing after things which can't happen.

I guess that's something we all should strive for: who else is gonna buy our junk cats, right?

The developers have always maintained Size is random.

But that goes against our goal of misleading the noobs, so the developers are liars. Any anyone who tries to give good guidance, who points out the developers are not liars and that what you're seeing is not some secret, hidden pattern, but normal human self-delusion when faced with randomness, needs be shouted down.

I don't know who has my Voodoo Breeding Stick, but whoever does, could you please pass it to those who believe they can shake it at their cats. Gods know, it'll work better than whatever "pattern" they've deluded themselves into believing exists for Size.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ophelia Kira
11-10-2013, 12:06 PM
(11-10-2013 11:31 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Ah, so, the idea is to deceive and delude the clueless noobs into wasting their time chasing after things which can't happen.

I guess that's something we all should strive for: who else is gonna buy our junk cats, right?

But that goes against our goal of misleading the noobs, so the developers are liars. Any anyone who tries to give good guidance, who points out the developers are not liars and that what you're seeing is not some secret, hidden pattern, but normal human self-delusion when faced with randomness, needs be shouted down.

I don't know who has my Voodoo Breeding Stick, but whoever does, could you please pass it to those who believe they can shake it at their cats. Gods know, it'll work better than whatever "pattern" they've deluded themselves into believing exists for Size.

Tad, just give other customers some space please Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: GhostCollective Resident , Sereina Fairey , anna Acanthus
11-10-2013, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 04:36 PM by Winter Phoenix.)
Curse of the junky cats!

Whoever has Tads VOODOO BREEDING STICK,

I would like to give it a shot when you are done with it.

Silver guitar!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
11-11-2013, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2013 04:34 AM by anna Acanthus.)
(11-10-2013 11:31 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Ah, so, the idea is to deceive and delude the clueless noobs into wasting their time chasing after things which can't happen.

Misinterpretion and deformation of my, and other peoples' propos is, at the best, peevish.
Here it comes over more as twisted.

As for your offensive and overbearing attitude towards people i was referring also to past incidences where i and others bit our tongues as they must learn to defend themselves.

There are some top level analysts in this community who remain discreet and when they do answer a question it's done in a clear and helpful language = when you really have it you don't need to push it continuously in peoples' faces in the need to prove it.
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Serena Stroikavskoi
11-11-2013, 04:35 AM
RE: Curse of the junky cats!
(11-10-2013 04:35 PM)Winter Phoenix Wrote:  
Whoever has Tads VOODOO BREEDING STICK,

I would like to give it a shot when you are done with it.

Silver guitar!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

On it's way Winter ^^

** in fact it was created by Devilness Chant in 2012 (unhappily the root prim was created by another so it doesn't bear her name as the creator) and wrecked total havoc in the KC database Big Grin

Dev, if you look in you're very much missed by many Heart
11-11-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm not a mathemetician, so I don't have exact data all neat to present, but about 25% of my births have been sized kitties. I know size is not breedable so I wasn't paying that much attention to it. I just thought that that was the typical possibility.
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , anna Acanthus
11-11-2013, 09:34 AM
"The developers have always maintained Size is random."

Indeed they have, but what others are pointing out is that that randomness is governed by a programmed algorithm. There is no harm in speculating on what some components of that algorithm might be as long as new breeders aren't deluded into mistakenly throwing lindens away in chasing it.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Kayleigh McMillan , Serena Stroikavskoi , Saxoni Fenstalker
11-11-2013, 10:43 AM
(11-11-2013 09:34 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  "The developers have always maintained Size is random."

Indeed they have, but what others are pointing out is that that randomness is governed by a programmed algorithm. There is no harm in speculating on what some components of that algorithm might be as long as new breeders aren't deluded into mistakenly throwing lindens away in chasing it.

Thank you Ivy, for explaining so clearly and precisely what we are trying to say. Smile

Most of us always tell new breeders that size is random when the question comes up, but we often follow up with the tendencies that been repeatedly observed over a couple of years.

You don't seem to be so new to KCs Wink but in case you are, a warm welcome.
11-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Yes there is definitely a difference between delusions of grandeur and cold hard fact which is why I say bring on the concrete proof because anything else is speculation. As they say a good accountant can make 2+2 add up to anything you want. A good scripter can make the kitty god sing like an angel. So the general answer is always going to be that size is random, but I'm one that doesn't believe in coincidence or random things. Though I do believe in magic, but I tell myself that's someone elses science, LOL.

Somewhere in the mothership the kitty god lives in is an algorithm, we just don't know if it's the every 25th birth versus today is an odd day so it's female day. Whoo knows today maybe your lucky day. Of course that only applies if you believe in the fairy right. Either way it's a fun adventure.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , anna Acanthus
11-12-2013, 12:14 PM
(11-11-2013 10:43 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 09:34 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  "The developers have always maintained Size is random."

Thank you Ivy, for explaining so clearly and precisely what we are trying to say. Smile

Most of us always tell new breeders that size is random when the question comes up, but we often follow up with the tendencies that been repeatedly observed over a couple of years.

You don't seem to be so new to KCs Wink but in case you are, a warm welcome.

The question on the size tending to run in 'families' was put directly to KittyCatS Resident at some point (I'd have to dig it out of my notes to quote exactly, so I'm paraphrasing) and he was very clear in his answer that the size is purely random, having other 'sized' cats in the background does NOT change the odds of getting another 'sized' cat.

The misconception (and yes, I was one that honestly thought this for a very long time) that sizes ran in 'families' is just that, a false perception based on random groupings that occur naturally in any random system. The human brain is programmed to look for patterns, and what happens is that you remember the ones that fit the pattern, and forget those that don't.

Bottom line, I believe KittyCatS when he says that there *is* nothing in the algorithm for determining size that looks at anything beyond a one-time random number when the box is populated. Just like neither parent knows what the other even *has* to pass to the box, nothing looks at sizes of ancestors to determine odds for special sizes. Every choice is independent of every other choice in box creations.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Ivy Norsk , Saxoni Fenstalker

User(s) browsing this thread: