Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

To Permapet or not to Perma pet.
07-25-2011, 03:01 PM
RE: To Permapet or not to Perma pet.
(07-25-2011 09:35 AM)Shukie Galicia Wrote:  I, as someone who just joined Kittycats, think the permapet price is too high. i myself only plan on breeding my kittys ONCE, just to try it, and after that my kittys will remain the rest of they're lives on pet food. but even then, i live in a skybox on my friends land. if she loses the land, and i have to pick up my kittys, what will i do then? Shell out thousands of linden to permapet my 3 cats so it does'nt hurt then when i have to keep them in my inventory a while? I'm already attached to my 2 kittys, but i cant justify spending almost 2K L on each to keep them forever when my primary SL income is winning contests, a very unstable income source.
TL; DR i really will have no issue paying like 200L a month to feed 3 kittys pet-food but if i ever lose my home i may have to shell out loads more to keep them happy.

Going off on a tangent here; this might sound mean but honestly if I found myself under these circumstances? I'd just take them into inventory and let them sit there for a while. Yes, they'll get hungry and lose happiness but buying the Get Well medicine once you do have land again, would be far cheaper than permapetting all three of them.

[Image: 6853924930_0f355fc725_o.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2011, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2011 09:59 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
What would be nice and maybe a good in between option for us breeders is a 120 days old cat automatically becomes a perma pet while if one would like to make a perma pet of a kitty while he/she is still able to breed it would be realistic it would cost more money KC will not earn from the end user in buying food.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

08-21-2011, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2011 12:23 PM by Sisch Firecaster.)
(08-14-2011 09:57 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  What would be nice and maybe a good in between option for us breeders is a 120 days old cat automatically becomes a perma pet while if one would like to make a perma pet of a kitty while he/she is still able to breed it would be realistic it would cost more money KC will not earn from the end user in buying food.

I love that idea!!!Heart

Like many here, I'm getting to the point where I have to make decisions. I have 18 cats at the moment - far more than I ever imagined I would keep - and 6 of them are nearing the 120 days... now I've put a few cats to the menagerie before, but I have to admit that I'm extremely sqeamish about that. I think that's just another evidence of how extremely well made these kitties are, and how attached one can get to them! I wouldn't want that to be otherwise - but I also want to open new boxes and breed - so I will have kill a few off soon to make space - if I want to keep a group, there's no way I can afford to perma-pet 6 now, let alone those I would like to keep who are now about 60 days old... and so on... and so forth....

If they'd automatically went perma - maybe perma and no transfer - when 120 days old, as a friend suggested when I talked to her about it, I would keep them in inventory and get a few out in turns, as well as breeding and buying new ones.
08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
I love the kittycats but I stopped breeding them a while back and kept my favorite 6 as pets. If I were to permapet them even at 120 days, it'd cost more than the entire profits made during all my time breeding them after I've already paid a lot to feed them throughout the year. That's a depressing view of it and since it's more money than I even have, it'll never happen. I'm not sure it's right to compare the kittycats with the non breedable pets. When people go to buy those pets, they're almost definitely only going to get one. They have no reason to want more than one. Most of us that own kittycats have spent enough time breeding them that there's almost no way there's only one cat we'd like to keep. We've already been around them, gotten attached to them. It makes us cringe when we have to throw away something of that kind of sentimental value. I think Kittycats has a wonderful staff, probably the best out there as far as breedables go, but it's hard to not think they're being greedy on this one...

It was mentioned that a free or cheap permapet option would potentially do some real harm to the secondary market, but also that making them non tradeable might not be the best idea either. Is it possible that they could make a third type of permapet kit for 120 day old cats that's cheap but will make your cat non tradeable from then on? That way it would be your choice to make it non trans, and no harm done to the market since you'd be keeping that cat as your own.

Would love to hear back on this because I still hang on to a glimmer of hope that there will eventually be some sort of adjustment that will let me keep my cats without worrying that I can't afford it anymore. Please keep considering ways to make a better compromise on this.

Heart Ciel
08-29-2011, 09:05 AM
I'll throw my 2 cents in and agree with the majority.

After 120 days, it makes sense that the cat should either automatically go into a perma - pet status or the price be reduce dramatically. That cat has paid it's dues and then some. How should I put it better... I had a reason to spend money on this old cat, but now it's only good to look at and play with. It won't make me anymore money and.. I don't think it's fair to the cat if we made it sick because we aren't spending money. It should be allowed to retire gracefully. lol. As for cats less than 120 days old, I can see the price remaining the same or reduced alittle since it's still in it's breeding life.
08-29-2011, 12:37 PM
It's beginning to become a standard feature of breedables now as well. People have mentioned a couple brands that have already implemented this and I know one that's coming out very soon and almost certain to be hugely successful has said they'll have this option as well. A lot of others from now on will probably follow in those footsteps.

Honestly, when they're willing to give us that option for free, and Kittycats won't even give it to us for a fair price, it makes Kittycats look very bad. I don't really think that's intentional. I understand their original logic on the pricing of the permapet kits. But I think it needs to be rethought. Like it's been said before, they'd still be getting their money's worth because someone, whether it be the final owner or not, has most definitely kept that cat fed for 120 days, and probably on breeder food.

Personally I wouldn't even mind if my permapets would be non transfer, but like I suggested in my last post, it might be smart to make a kit that gives you that choice if possible.

Kittycats is an amazing company that loves to interact with us as a community and give us the best support they can, and I know they care about our happiness with their products, so I'd really like to think they're not just going to put down their foot on this and tell us it'll never be changed despite how many of us are unhappy with it.

Heart Ciel
11-10-2011, 04:01 PM
I, too, am hoping something changes. It is a lot of money even for a kitty that is over 120 days. L$300 is not much of a difference between over or under 120 days.

Eagerly hoping something changes to keep the cost down. I love (<3) my kitties and I intend on keeping them. But I'm watching and hoping Smile)
11-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Since posting in this thread back in June, I've collected several adorable teacup and toy kitties that I'd like to keep as pets. The number of cats I keep is well over 100 (was even well over 150 for a while but I've cut back a bit). I've already spent a fortune on...
  • food
  • milk
  • vitamins
  • limited edition cats
  • starter cats
  • furniture.

I really hope that the folks at KittyCatS (KC) are still taking this thread into serious consideration. I cannot justify spending 1500L$ on a single cat that won't even give me kittens anymore, so basically that's 0L$ KC is getting from me for that product. If KC would consider dropping the price to even a third of that, I would gladly perma-pet all of my teacup kitties and KC would get even more than the 1500L$ they're currently asking for.

I know I'm not the only kittycat breeder who has an armful of cats s/he would perma-pet if not for the cost.

[Image: 6853924930_0f355fc725_o.png]
11-12-2011, 09:08 PM
I ended up having to lump it and get some perma-pet so I could afford to feed the new limited cats I bought. It hurt though I cannot say it didn't my pockets didn't like me Sad.
11-13-2011, 11:07 AM
I still haven't been able to perm-pet anything, but I do use the menagerie a lot!

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)