Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

How do I upload my kittycat boxes to Marketplace?
10-05-2013, 07:10 AM
How do I upload my kittycat boxes to Marketplace?
I am ready to sell some kittycats. I have tried uploading my kittycats (boxed) to my Marketplace store, with the merchant outbox in Firestorm viewer, but just comes up with errors when trying to upload, it says I have no permissions on these items? What is the best way to sell them please?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 09:55 AM
RE: How do I upload my kittycat boxes to Marketplace?
Hi,

As far as I know, limited quantity items (no copy) still have to use the old Magic Box method. You can get a Magic Box on the Marketplace. It was a little involved to set up. I think I watched a Torley video on how to set up a Magic Box on the Marketplace to create my KittyCats box store.

This is a link to a post about still using Magic Boxes for limited quantity items:
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merch...-p/1917883
which said
"For the time being, limited-quantity items can continue to use Magic Boxes and will not be affected. “Limited-quantity” refers to items that the Merchant does not have rights to copy (such as breedable animals which are “no copy” for the seller)."

Hope this helps!

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
 Thanks given by: AstridSolace Resident , MsMagick Resident
10-05-2013, 11:19 AM
(10-05-2013 07:10 AM)AstridSolace Resident Wrote:  I am ready to sell some kittycats. I have tried uploading my kittycats (boxed) to my Marketplace store, with the merchant outbox in Firestorm viewer, but just comes up with errors when trying to upload, it says I have no permissions on these items? What is the best way to sell them please?

There is a complete guide to setting up kittycats specifically (along with a lot of good hints) available in the classroom area at Kitty Kottage (SLurl in my signature). go into the main kottage and around to the left past the big black cat. You'll see signs on the wall over a table of free pedigree givers. The one you're looking for is a Marketplace Guide -- just click the sign and it will give you a card with tons of helpful info.

Best of luck!

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , AstridSolace Resident , MsMagick Resident
10-06-2013, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 11:07 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
Breedables are unique. For the moment, the merchant outbox system isn't designed to distribute unique items. So you need a Magic Box, which can be obtained free from Marketplace. A Magic Box is a bit like an escrow service: You keep it rezzed in-world. You put in a unique item you want to sell, the item is listed on Marketplace, someone buys it from there, and the item is transferred from the Magic Box to the person who bought it.

Once you have the Magic Box set up, it will take awhile to fill in all the information for the first kitten box you list. But after that you can use that listing as a template so the process of adding listings will go much faster.

Three tips:

1) Before you put it in the Magic Box, use each kitten box's menu (Text > Set Name) to change its name to something unique so you will always be able to tell which box is which.

2) Whenever you mention the Magic Box in just about any group's chat, a gang of people will instantly pile in and tell you that they're obsolete and no one uses them any more. Ignore those people. They don't need one so they don't know anything about them.

3) Troubleshooting: Since Server Side Appearance came out, the content memories of Magic Boxes (and texture organizers and other things) sometimes lag. This can be cause a hiccup when you add new items to the Magic Box. It causes your Marketplace account to not be able to see some of the items in the Box that it could see just fine before. (Your Marketplace list says they're "unavailable" although you still have a quantity of 1.) The remedy is (in-world) to Edit the Magic Box and go to its Contents list, wait a couple seconds, close the Edit window, then right-click and Open the Magic Box. This should force the server to update the inventory. (The window will be empty for a moment, then will show the contents.) Close that window. Then your Marketplace list should be able to see everything once you refresh the page.
 Thanks given by: AstridSolace Resident , MsMagick Resident
06-20-2014, 05:50 AM
Hi I seee this thread is old but I hope someone sees it and replies..

I'm doing all of the above, it finally sends it to MP BUT it won't list it!

I'm getting this error:

1 error prohibited this product from being saved

There were problems with the following fields:
Magic Box items which are not limited quantity can not be listed.

Any suggestions? I've tried listing as unlimited, as one item, even as 10! Still no joy.
06-20-2014, 07:05 AM
(06-20-2014 05:50 AM)BellaMORETTii Resident Wrote:  Hi I seee this thread is old but I hope someone sees it and replies..

I'm doing all of the above, it finally sends it to MP BUT it won't list it!

I'm getting this error:

1 error prohibited this product from being saved

There were problems with the following fields:
Magic Box items which are not limited quantity can not be listed.

Any suggestions? I've tried listing as unlimited, as one item, even as 10! Still no joy.
Hi, I dont have time to test an upload right now (headaing to RL work) but I looked at one of my listings, here are some of the settings in case you see something to try differently:
Permission = Transfer, Usage = Unpacking, Available Quantity = 1
I will try a box upload tonight (SL time) and see if it works for me.....good luck!

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
06-20-2014, 10:19 AM
What is the item you're trying to create a listing for? (A kitten box? Something else?) When are you seeing this error? (Is it when you're trying to save the item's listing page?) Is this the first item for which you've tried creating a listing or did you manage to create one successfully before?

The error message suggests the problem is either that it's a yes-copy item or that the quantity is greater than 1. If it's a no-copy item and you're still getting that error with a quantity of 1, hm.... Does each item in the Magic Box have a separate listing? If you're using a SKU identifier, are you using a different one for each listing?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)