Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Add buy food/milk refill buttons to feeders
10-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Add buy food/milk refill buttons to feeders
It would be nice if you could buy food and milk for the feeders from the feeders itself. I would consider it totally awesome if you could get it delivered directly to the feeder! Whether it was paid for with K or L wouldn't matter at all to me as I can click my dock to do the currency exchange. (If it was tied directly to the cattery food/milk and both cattery and feeder pulled from the same source I would go around for a month kissing developers feet! Imagine never again having to check both cattery and feeder to make sure all the kitties are provided for!)

Currently filling the feeder for me goes like this:
Teleporting over to the main store in the middle of the night for kibbles when you aren't wearing appropriate clothing and have to change first (or worse forget to!), walk to the back of the store to buy it, then when you get home you try to rez it and have the wrong tag on so it poofs on you, sooooo relogging and hoping that it comes back (mostly but not always and yeah I have the wrong tag on 90% of the time you would think I would learn to check first but nope) , rezzing it to the ground unpacking and having to clean up all that packing material on the ground and in inventory, getting to the buried feeder (after all they aint exactly pretty - they look like a nuclear reactor - just sayin). At this point I start praying because lets face it you are dragging and dropping a no copy item to a prim's contents and SL isn't the best about making sure they get there. Missing and rezzing 5 bowls of food you now have to pick up, find and start over with. Of course all of this happens in the worst possible way in direct proportion to how badly you need to be off SL or somewhere else at that moment especially when you ignore the warning and actually run out of food.

I would be willing to pay for the upgrade to a feeder especially if it went directly into the feeder!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Thorn Witrial , Liriel Garnet , Aubreygrace Starlight , Aisling MacMoragh , Vrem Vaniva , Nightflowerlily Resident
10-02-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Add buy food/milk refill buttons to feeders
(10-02-2013 12:21 AM)KreamyStarhawk Resident Wrote:  It would be nice if you could buy food and milk for the feeders from the feeders itself. I would consider it totally awesome if you could get it delivered directly to the feeder! Whether it was paid for with K or L wouldn't matter at all to me as I can click my dock to do the currency exchange. (If it was tied directly to the cattery food/milk and both cattery and feeder pulled from the same source I would go around for a month kissing developers feet! Imagine never again having to check both cattery and feeder to make sure all the kitties are provided for!)

Currently filling the feeder for me goes like this:
Teleporting over to the main store in the middle of the night for kibbles when you aren't wearing appropriate clothing and have to change first (or worse forget to!), walk to the back of the store to buy it, then when you get home you try to rez it and have the wrong tag on so it poofs on you, sooooo relogging and hoping that it comes back (mostly but not always and yeah I have the wrong tag on 90% of the time you would think I would learn to check first but nope) , rezzing it to the ground unpacking and having to clean up all that packing material on the ground and in inventory, getting to the buried feeder (after all they aint exactly pretty - they look like a nuclear reactor - just sayin). At this point I start praying because lets face it you are dragging and dropping a no copy item to a prim's contents and SL isn't the best about making sure they get there. Missing and rezzing 5 bowls of food you now have to pick up, find and start over with. Of course all of this happens in the worst possible way in direct proportion to how badly you need to be off SL or somewhere else at that moment especially when you ignore the warning and actually run out of food.

I would be willing to pay for the upgrade to a feeder especially if it went directly into the feeder!

I don't even use cattery except for single updates, but i would LOVE this... I run into more errors getting the food into the feeders due to SL lag, etc.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
 Thanks given by: Aisling MacMoragh
10-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Being able to at least pay for food from the feeder server would be a very good option. Doesn't matter to me if it is K or L for payment. All though personally I would prefer it to be L. I am more apt to have L rather than K.

If this isn't an option maybe have some other locations to at least buy the food.

[Image: sneaks_forum_signature.png]
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sh...2/224/2001
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight
10-02-2013, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 01:43 PM by Aubreygrace Starlight.)
When I first bought the feeder that's what I thought it did, because it didn't say how it worked on the box you buy from. But this would make it easier. I have had to file more tickets on lost food purchases due to sl errors. This is a great idea!

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Nightflowerlily Resident
10-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Awesome idea! I too thought that was what it was.
10-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I love it. Especially if the food could be shared between the cattery online and the feeder. Would also like to be able to put portable food in the feeder and have it feed.

I would also like to be able to buy food through Market Place if this isn't do able so at least it could deliver straight to my inventory instead of having to go to the store.

Aisling MacMoragh

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

[Image: 7818447284_3feaa5cda4_n.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Nightflowerlily Resident
10-05-2013, 05:06 PM

It would be easier to click a menu button on your feeder.

But sometimes, at 3a.m,

I like to go to the main store in my boxer shorts

and grab a case of kibbles.

Its liberating.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Yes this would be the best thing. I want to be able to add Ks to cattery outworld. Sometimes you just can't get on sl at times so this idea would be awesome

Dragana Realm

Life is nothing without my kitty's
10-18-2013, 06:47 AM
I am loving this suggestion, especially sharing the food between SL and Cattery! If this was implemented, I would join Kreamy in worshipping the devs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)