Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

What if breed starter with rare breed
09-23-2013, 11:33 PM
What if breed starter with rare breed
what cat we get if we breed the starter with a rare cat

this is my cat
Fur: Chateau Cat - Pink & White No. 1
Eyes: Passion (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Glitter
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: White (Shape: Mysterious)
Size: 16 cm (6.2 inch)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2013, 07:35 AM
RE: What if breed starter with rare breed
The thing about starters is they hold some assurances.

For example, while they show a fur from the Genesis collection, they are assured to carry a non-Genesis fur (as their hidden/recessive).

So, the odds are exactly 50% that breeding a starter to your Chat. Pink & White will produce a box showing the starter's Genesis fur and which will carry (hide) either the Pink & White or will carry (hide) whatever lies behind the Pink & White.

Of course, that means the odds are 50% you'll get something non-Genesis. From this point on, the odds are difficult to determine. (They're not impossible, but we'd need a LOT of data, which we don't have, to make a rational guess.)

If you do get a non-Genesis box, there are two possible cases; either the box will show Pink & White or it won't.

If the box does show Pink & White, you are assured that the starter also hides Pink & White, or hides something more recessive than Pink & White. What could that be? Refer to Saga's charts.

It's more likely, though, the box will not show Pink & White. If it does not, there are, again, another two possible cases; either the box will show something dominant to Pink & White, or it will show something recessive to Pink & White.

If the box shows something dominant to Pink & White, it is showing (exactly) the hidden carried in the starter. It either carries (hides) Pink & White, or something recessive to Pink & White. Whichever it carries (hides): it came from the Pink & White parent.

If the box shows something recessive to Pink & White, it is showing (exactly) the hidden carries in ONE of the parents, and carries either Pink & White or something more recessive (which came from the other parent).

---

Similar possibilities exist for each of the other eight trait.

For Eye Shape, Pupil Size and Shade, the fact you're breeding against a starter is immaterial. There are no assurances these traits hide something more recessive than what they show.

---

For this Pink & White, with no knowledge of its parentage, paired with a starter, the odds of the offspring box showing AT LEAST ONE 'starter trait' are between 8111-in-8192 (99.011%) and 31-in-32 (96.875%); and the odds of NONE at all are between impossible (0%) and 1-in-8192 (0.012%).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-24-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: What if breed starter with rare breed

Rare being a relative term.

I wouldnt consider a pink cat to be a very rare cat.

When I think rare I think those cats purchased with jewels.

I've never seen one of those,

but I'm quite a fan of the pink chateaus,

and have a bunch of em laying around.

Red eyes on a pink however,

may indeed be rare,

as I have never seen one of those in my travels.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)