Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

starter-starter pairing
09-11-2013, 06:33 PM
starter-starter pairing
What can be expected to happen when you breed a starter with a starter?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 08:08 PM
RE: starter-starter pairing
generally you get very low trait babies.. much better to breed a starter to a high trait kitty

~Cutie's Kitties~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2013, 08:27 PM
(09-11-2013 08:08 PM)Cutie Rau Wrote:  generally you get very low trait babies.. much better to breed a starter to a high trait kitty

Logically that is what I thought, but somewhere I read that it is good to pair a starter with a starter, but i don't remember the reasoning behind it and can't find that post or document anywhere now.
09-11-2013, 11:20 PM
More than likely it's because some "starters" which is what collection kitties are released as with a costume make a special baby. Unless of course your breeding for genesis traits or trying to trait down or breed out.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
 Thanks given by: Troubadoura Resident
09-12-2013, 05:10 AM
Yes, unless there is a "special" where starter-to-starters is a Requirement, any time you see advice that breeding a starter to another starter is a good idea, your rule of thumb should be to presume the person making the statement does not know what they're talking about.

If the advice is honestly meant, it can only be because the person giving it prefers spending a lot more money, for much lower results, but really enjoys the occasional surprise appearing from a long line of low-trait-count Genesis cats.
 Thanks given by: Troubadoura Resident
09-12-2013, 09:34 AM
(09-12-2013 05:10 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Yes, unless there is a "special" where starter-to-starters is a Requirement, any time you see advice that breeding a starter to another starter is a good idea, your rule of thumb should be to presume the person making the statement does not know what they're talking about.

If the advice is honestly meant, it can only be because the person giving it prefers spending a lot more money, for much lower results, but really enjoys the occasional surprise appearing from a long line of low-trait-count Genesis cats.

Glad I asked! Thanks for the clarification.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)