Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

just letting you know
09-02-2013, 10:05 PM
just letting you know
About a half an hour ago I went to the google website for saga's. For some reason a virus came into my computer and its dead. I tried to reboot my desktop to no avail. If anyone knows how to reformat a hard drive and what I need to do this would be great (can send me a email @ chelseaallan23@yahoo.ca.) (would also be willing to pay for your time and guidance on the reformatting the drive either bye paypal or Linden.

Please be careful when looking at saga or google sites make sure your antivirus is up to date and on.

I am currently on my laptop and if this computer doesn't run Second Life will be selling all my cats. Will post their information soon once I know.

Thanks in advance.

Chelsea
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: just letting you know
It wasn't Google. I just checked.

Why do you feel you need to reformat the hard drive? Yes, wiping and starting from known-good sources is extremely certain to get rid of all sorts of problem, and, yes, sometime Windows gets crufty enough to warrant it. But most virus removal processes don't require being that extreme.

Reformatting the hard drive is simple enough if you have a CD-ROM to install Windows from. Simply tell it to format the partition when you boot it. Not all Windows install CDs are created equal, though: some won't install Windows if you do wipe the drive.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2013, 04:15 AM
I highly suggest Malwarebytes.org and Spybot Search and Destroy from safer-networking.org. Both are free to use but you can upgrade them. They will still remove and detect in the free versions.

[Image: Untitled-3_zpse0d66f02.png]
 Thanks given by: ChelseaAllan Resident
09-03-2013, 06:26 AM
(09-02-2013 11:42 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  It wasn't Google. I just checked.

Why do you feel you need to reformat the hard drive? Yes, wiping and starting from known-good sources is extremely certain to get rid of all sorts of problem, and, yes, sometime Windows gets crufty enough to warrant it. But most virus removal processes don't require being that extreme.

Reformatting the hard drive is simple enough if you have a CD-ROM to install Windows from. Simply tell it to format the partition when you boot it. Not all Windows install CDs are created equal, though: some won't install Windows if you do wipe the drive.

All I know is that I was fine then when I went to google, my computer locked, then I reboot my computer and it wont load windows at all. I was fine(my computer was fine before I looked on the site). I will try and see if I can reinstall windows crosses fingers my computer is pretty new.
09-03-2013, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 07:14 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
A laptop or a desktop?

Were there and other symptoms? Strange noises, or the sudden lack of normal noises? Programs or the mouse suddenly seeming to move like molasses? Programs randomly failing?

Turn it off for a day and see is that fixes it. Don't do anything else. IF that does it, it's probably heat and you can probably fix it yourself.

Sounds like it's a desktop unit. Is it on the floor or on top of the desk? If on the floor, it it carpeted or do you have pets or small children? Examine the back of the unit. Is it covered with dust? Since it's off, look inside the fan .. is IT covered with dust? Turn the unit on, does the fan move FAST? Put your hand over it, do you feel any breeze? A light, or stiff breeze? Look at the front, there should be air holes, are they covered with dust. With the unit turned off, pop open the case .. is there a lot of dust, cobwebs, etc, inside?

I'm betting some of the above are true. If so, a vacuum cleaner and a $7.50 can of "air" will probably fix you up. If the fans aren't moving, it might cost $20 to $80 for parts (a new power supply, you cooked the old one) plus labor if you're not up to swapping it out yourself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kes Heartsong
09-04-2013, 03:02 AM
The reason it gave out when it did if it was a virus is those virus dont nail your comp the moment you get them, they nail you later.

If your using Internet explorer to web browse, id recommend firefox mozzila it blocks much the virus you can get from a bad webpage ( virus designers use flaws in that browser, often times they will DL to your comp without you knowing merely landing on infected page)

I checked the google docs they are not the cause. Likely if its virus it was dormant for awhile.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)