Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Any Royal Sapphire Blue eye Offspring yet?
08-28-2013, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 09:59 AM by Shamu077 Resident.)
Any Royal Sapphire Blue eye Offspring yet?
Well, after not getting any Royal kittens in 14 tries, I am now wondering about the chances of getting the Royal Sapphire Blue eye passed to an offspring.

My understanding is all the Royal cats have the Royal Sapphire Blue eye hidden, if not showing. And the chances of getting a hidden eye passed are 50% from one cat.

I have now bred 4 different pairs of Royal cats with a non-Royal partners, ALL with Ody Bellini eyes, the most recessive of the eyes.

So far I am zero for four - always getting the showing eyes instead. None of my Royal cats have the Royal Sapphire showing in the Pedigree - they are all supposedly hidden.
Lets see, with 4 royals to test, that is about 60 offspring in thier breeding lifetime.
If I dont see a hidden eye trait passed in 60 breedings, with a 50% probablility, I will conclude these cats are a Royal Scam.

I'll report when I finally get the first hidden Royal eye in an offspring, if that happens. Smile

Shamu
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2013, 10:18 AM
RE: Any Royal Sapphire Blue eye Offspring yet?
My friend and I have bred our two royals together twice. Second kitten has the new eye. :-)
08-28-2013, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 11:40 AM by Petronilla Whitfield.)
Yes. Duchess and Leonardo Bellini's first OS had them:

Fur: Abyssinian - Black Silver
Eyes: Royal Sapphire (Curious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Plush
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: 2 Tone Black & White (Mysterious)
Size: Normal

Leonardo Bellini has Odyssey Bellini eyes. Duchess "shows" Odyssey Rainbow eyes--under the costume.
08-28-2013, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 12:21 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(08-28-2013 09:54 AM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  ...
If I dont see a hidden eye trait passed in 60 breedings, with a 50% probablility, I will conclude these cats are a Royal Scam.

I'll report when I finally get the first hidden Royal eye in an offspring, if that happens. Smile

Shamu

Nah, ... I breed since 2011 and I can assure you the KittyCatS! owners are far from a bunch of scammers.
They have no reason for that stronger even that would harm their business, if they even wanted that, from which I'm positive they don't.
I have two Royals paired together and they gave me nothing than the their shown eyes so no Royal Sapphire for this girl yet.
Breeding is also having patience after all it is nothing more than rolling dice when it is breeding time, will the hidden pop or not.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

08-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:If the shown eye color trait is more dominant than the new Sapphire eye color trait, the hidden eye color trait was replaced with the Sapphire eye color. However if the shown eye color trait was more recessive than the Sapphire eye color trait, then the shown eye color is replaced with the new Sapphire eye color.

So, yes, examining the Royal baby's Pedigree (not the roster, the family tree) and seeing it has something other than the new Sapphire color means it hides the new color. Bear in mind, the Royal baby will be marked as a special collection .. this ONLY applies to those which are marked, not their parents, siblings or offspring.

The thing about randomness it .. it's random!

The ODDS of a cat passing one or the other of the two values it carries are, in fact, exactly 50% and nothing changes that. Period.

But this does NOT mean "half of my offspring will be ..."

What it does mean is, "across a huge number of outcomes, most of which will never actually occur, all with IDENTICAL parents, ABOUT HALF (but almost never exactly half) will be ..."

For a small number of samples (and, yes, 60 is small) we must expect the results will sometimes be far different than "about half".

In fact, we must expect, sometimes, the results will be "none at all."

If it were not so, the system would not be random.

But, yeah, it does suck to be the one unlucky enough to have a long string of "didn't show, yet".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
08-28-2013, 04:44 PM
KC wouldn't be in business very long if they scammed.

I've seen kitties go generations before they passed a hidden trait. That's part of the fun and frustration of breeding.

It just takes patience.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
08-28-2013, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 06:08 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(08-28-2013 04:44 PM)devilness chant Wrote:  KC wouldn't be in business very long if they scammed.

I've seen kitties go generations before they passed a hidden trait. That's part of the fun and frustration of breeding.

It just takes patience.

I totally agree and not to mention the runs of the same gender and if the kitty has the right gender it just doesn't have the traits we need LOL
I like to see that as a challenge I just try to be a tad more stubborn than my kitties Wink

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

08-28-2013, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 06:40 PM by Shamu077 Resident.)
(08-28-2013 02:04 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  The ODDS of a cat passing one or the other of the two values it carries are, in fact, exactly 50% and nothing changes that. Period.

For a small number of samples (and, yes, 60 is small) we must expect the results will sometimes be far different than "about half".

In fact, we must expect, sometimes, the results will be "none at all."

If it were not so, the system would not be random.

But, yeah, it does suck to be the one unlucky enough to have a long string of "didn't show, yet".
Well, "none at all" for a 50% probable event is as likely as the Sun having a super-nova in exactly 1 min and 13 seconds. Your theoretical high horse needs to come back to earth.

The longest string of a one-sided 50% event I have observed in 2 1/2 years of SL breedables is actually 7, and that was something to remember. Of course "someone" might get a string of only boys in a row, or girls, or only one of the traits passing consistently for more than seven. But not 60 in a row - just way too improbable.

The assumption of randomness depends entirely on the odds that are programmed into the software. I have heard that programmers can sometimes make mistakes, knows as Bugs. Has anyone in SL ever heard of buggy software? (Ok, that was a joke) Smile

I fully expect to get the hidden eye show up very soon, but I started this thread just to check that others are getting more "average" results. I am not surprised about 0/4 at all. If I get 0/8 I will be looking for more rabbit feet and garlic to wear.

This is a straightforward test - I only need 8 cats, 4 Royals and 4 Ody Bellini eye partners. The 50% odds "should" play out in the long run.
08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I got one from a Duke hiding the sapphire his very first kitten, paired with an Ody Bellini. So I got lucky! this time anyway....my fancie dusky diamonds have not given me a shown eye after 12 tries.

Logan Sapphire
Fur: Bengal - Tawny
Eyes: Royal Sapphire (Curious|Small)
Shade: Twinkle
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Pointed Soft Fold
Whiskers: Black (Guitar)

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
08-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding Tad, I have only got 5 kittyboxes so far, from 4 different Royal cats. 60 was the maximum number I might get assuming 14 days to first adult breeding and 7 day breeding cycle, up to 120 days old. I doubt i will try 60 times - by then the eye will be old news.

Since I never got any Royals myself, I ended up buying a pair on the 13th, so they were first bred on the 27th at age 14, to Ody Bellini partners.

However I forgot that the Royal princess my partner got on Aug 1 ( from one of my cats) had another offspring, but I had no Ody Bellini eye boy ready at the time.
I bred her Royal with Crystal Dream showing, to a Lucky Irish w/ Blush Quartz hiding boy, and got a Lucky Irish eye showing on the offspring. So this means the hidden Royal Sapphire eye must have passed, and is hidden in this offspring.
The offspring is still in the box, but it should have the Royal eye hiding.

So, my stats are 1/5 royal eyes so far, with the one royal eye hidden in an offspring kittybox, I assume.

Now I will have to unpack this guy - what am I going to do with a Russian Black vampire ear kitty with Royal eyes when I breed him? Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)