Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

An odd eye question
08-22-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: An odd eye question
Look at the glints. Think "there's a studio light behind me, is it over my left shoulder, or my right?"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2013, 09:06 AM
(08-22-2013 09:01 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Look at the glints. Think "there's a studio light behind me, is it over my left shoulder, or my right?"

oh wow. I never noticed that before!

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
Find all posts by this user
08-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Looking at which odd eyes flip colors as well as glints, one could propose that the reason the more recent ones do flip is that we all stared at it for years and never noticed the effect, so they decided to slap us in the face .. and STILL it took ages for any of us to finally notice.
08-22-2013, 09:33 AM
(08-22-2013 09:26 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Looking at which odd eyes flip colors as well as glints, one could propose that the reason the more recent ones do flip is that we all stared at it for years and never noticed the effect, so they decided to slap us in the face .. and STILL it took ages for any of us to finally notice.

Took me three weeks. Cool
08-22-2013, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 09:37 AM by HikariItsumo Resident.)
Actually this has been spotted (and confirmed by Callie at that time) quite a long time ago (like 2 years or so) by Nenya Eun and Charlotte Calael, first on the Od Dream eye, if I remember well.
 Thanks given by: Thorn Witrial
08-22-2013, 10:05 AM
(08-22-2013 09:37 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  Actually this has been spotted (and confirmed by Callie at that time) quite a long time ago (like 2 years or so) by Nenya Eun and Charlotte Calael, first on the Od Dream eye, if I remember well.

You're correct. That's how I had that list of eyes to begin with. I remember this from when I was first starting, it was a 'thing' back then, because a lot of cats didn't have perfect eyes (and a 9T cat was practically unheard of).

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
08-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Question RE: An odd eye question

So, the cats that started this thread for me have had a kitten. Here are his stats.

Fur: Bengal - Snow
Eyes: Odyssey Sorbet (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Plush
Ears: Odyssey Boo Boo
Whiskers: Blonde Streaked (Mysterious)
Size: Normal

Now, his eyes have flipped back to match his grandfather's eyes: Green on his right, Pink on his left.

The question I have now is, did the eyes flip because they are now perfect? Or because he's a boy?
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , AmoreJade Cyberstar
08-23-2013, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 07:25 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(08-23-2013 06:53 AM)Thorn Witrial Wrote:  

So, the cats that started this thread for me have had a kitten. Here are his stats.

Fur: Bengal - Snow
Eyes: Odyssey Sorbet (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Plush
Ears: Odyssey Boo Boo
Whiskers: Blonde Streaked (Mysterious)
Size: Normal

Now, his eyes have flipped back to match his grandfather's eyes: Green on his right, Pink on his left.

The question I have now is, did the eyes flip because they are now perfect? Or because he's a boy?

I thought of that too maybe it has something to do with gender and not only with eye shape because not all ody's have it based on the shape alone as far as I can see.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

08-23-2013, 11:01 PM
(08-21-2013 03:15 PM)AmoreJade Cyberstar Wrote:  LOL Well what do you Vet's have to say for yourselves??? Thorn comes in new and see's this right away, We've been staring for almost 3 years and have no excuses! .... oh,....... the torture of finding what else is hiding!!! Tongue

Actually many have noticed through out the years. It just seems to be one of those little discussed facts.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
 Thanks given by: Mari Halderman
08-29-2013, 04:22 PM
I noticed this a while back, just figured it was random and never mentioned it. Guess I should have said something

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)