Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

An odd eye question
08-20-2013, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 06:08 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: An odd eye question
I just checked my ody splash kitties and it seems on Mysterious Small, Curious Small and Curious Big the right eye of the kitty is yellow and the left eye blue.
So I''m not sure if it is a random curiosity, when the eyes are reversed, or if it makes some sort of sense in relation to the eyeshape in some ody cases.

EDIT I should Double check my Ody's because it seem there is some logic behind this related to the eye shape I might have overlooked something.
I checked it on my live cats in different accounts.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2013, 09:31 PM
I don't know why I never noticed it before. Yes, the Pedigree, Cattery and 2D-modes show the reversed color on when it's Mysterious/Small.

I just checked Build-a-Cat, which does nothing special .. just shows the images. And even Genesis Earth eyes flipped sides.

It just goes to show, you can look at something for YEARS and never notice some things.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
08-20-2013, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 09:43 PM by Thorn Witrial.)

I just checked on my female kitten with Wild Ody eyes (mysterious/big). Her eyes have the green eye on her right and the blue on her left. Looking up into her pedigree tree, her grandfather on her father's side has Wild Ody eyes (Curious/Small) and his colors are opposite of hers. Green on the left and blue on the right.
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
08-21-2013, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 01:51 PM by Callie Cline.)
it is a design element seen in some oddy eyes... just to add a bit more realism and stuff Smile who know what else is there you don't notice Tongue
 Thanks given by: Thorn Witrial , AmoreJade Cyberstar , Sanura Snowpaw , Mari Halderman
08-21-2013, 01:53 PM
(08-21-2013 01:50 PM)Callie Cline Wrote:  it is a design element seen in some oddy eyes... just to add a bit more realism and stuff Smile who know what else is there you don't notice Tongue

TEASE.

Heart
08-21-2013, 02:45 PM
"some ody eyes"?

I take that to mean "it's most apparent on most Odyssey eyes."

As I step through every eye, I note that the highlighting for Curious/Big, Curious/Small and Mysterious/Big comes from over my left shoulder, but the highlighting for Mysterious/Small comes from over my right shoulder.

But, OK, it's not a true flip. Odyssey Rainbow, for example, only moves the highlighting, and does not switch the color patterning. The eye on the viewer's right always has a red/green split centered and the eye on the left always has three colors; none of the colors seem to change, only the pupil size, eyelid shape, and highlighting. All the other Odyssey eyes have distinctly different colors on the right and left eyes, which switch sides for Mysterious/Small.

This causes me to wonder if KittyCatS!, like real cats, are purported to be more likely to be deaf in at least one ear when their eyes exhibit different colors.
08-21-2013, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 02:50 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
If I looked correctly it isn't so on ody splash ...
Puts on her 007 glasses

Retro Kitties Showroom »

08-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Heart RE: An odd eye question
LOL Well what do you Vet's have to say for yourselves??? Thorn comes in new and see's this right away, We've been staring for almost 3 years and have no excuses! .... oh,....... the torture of finding what else is hiding!!! Tongue

Heart Amore KittyCats Heart
Check out all 5 Locations! Lm's in my Profile!
Main Store
 Thanks given by: Sanura Snowpaw
08-21-2013, 04:17 PM
(08-21-2013 02:45 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  ....

This causes me to wonder if KittyCatS!, like real cats, are purported to be more likely to be deaf in at least one ear when their eyes exhibit different colors.

ROFL!!!
Mine sure are, on both ears, I can't tell you how often they refuse to listen this totally apart from the Ody Eyes XD

Retro Kitties Showroom »

08-22-2013, 08:44 AM
(08-21-2013 02:45 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  "some ody eyes"?

I take that to mean "it's most apparent on most Odyssey eyes."

As I step through every eye, I note that the highlighting for Curious/Big, Curious/Small and Mysterious/Big comes from over my left shoulder, but the highlighting for Mysterious/Small comes from over my right shoulder.

But, OK, it's not a true flip. Odyssey Rainbow, for example, only moves the highlighting, and does not switch the color patterning. The eye on the viewer's right always has a red/green split centered and the eye on the left always has three colors; none of the colors seem to change, only the pupil size, eyelid shape, and highlighting. All the other Odyssey eyes have distinctly different colors on the right and left eyes, which switch sides for Mysterious/Small.

I'm curious what you mean by 'highlighting' .. other than that, not all ody eyes do the reversing, it's only certain ones. we had a list at one time, which is what i posted. but there's lots of new ody eyes since then.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)