Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

An odd eye question
08-30-2013, 06:53 AM
RE: An odd eye question

Well, it's not gender. I had a bengal snow male born with the ody sorbet eyes, and they are reversed to his grandfather. The only difference is the pupil size. The kitten has Mysterious/Small. His grandfather has Mysterious/Big.

(08-23-2013 07:17 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(08-23-2013 06:53 AM)Thorn Witrial Wrote:  

So, the cats that started this thread for me have had a kitten. Here are his stats.

Fur: Bengal - Snow
Eyes: Odyssey Sorbet (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Plush
Ears: Odyssey Boo Boo
Whiskers: Blonde Streaked (Mysterious)
Size: Normal

Now, his eyes have flipped back to match his grandfather's eyes: Green on his right, Pink on his left.

The question I have now is, did the eyes flip because they are now perfect? Or because he's a boy?

I thought of that too maybe it has something to do with gender and not only with eye shape because not all ody's have it based on the shape alone as far as I can see.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2013, 12:35 PM
My Build-a-Cat simply shows the images KittyCatS uses. They flip when "perfect". Gender is not an option on the page; nor is it a factor when the Pedigree/Cattery select the image you see on those pages.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2013, 12:43 PM
(08-30-2013 12:35 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  My Build-a-Cat simply shows the images KittyCatS uses. They flip when "perfect". Gender is not an option on the page; nor is it a factor when the Pedigree/Cattery select the image you see on those pages.

Hey Tad,

Would it be possible for you to add a shade option on your build-a-cat page?
08-30-2013, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2013 02:11 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
Nope. KittyCatS does not have shade (or tail) in the Pedigree, Cattery, and 2D Image mode textures.

In addition, Shade is problematic. It depends, critically, upon the options enabled in each persons Second Life viewer.

Finally, even if the process KittyCatS uses to produce the images includes the ability to capture the shade, and even if they set the viewer options so that the differences (which can be subtle) were apparent, it would mean a huge amount of work, adding a huge number of files. Shade would need to be combined with ears and fur. (SHADE x EAR x FUR = # of images needed) So they'd go from needing (16 ears x 88 furs) 1,408 images to needing (8 shades x 16 ears x 88 furs) 11,264 .. and that's not counting Specials which are not breedable .. all of which would need to be uploaded to Second Life for 2D image modes, as well as their web server for the Pedigree and Cattery, and the UUID for each of those 10,000 additional Second Life images would need to be added, without typographic error, to the database so the in-world objects could find the necessary textures.
08-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Fair enough. I had a feeling it would be something along those lines, or you'd have probably already done it.

I love the build-a-cat site.

(08-30-2013 02:01 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Nope. KittyCatS does not have shade (or tail) in the Pedigree, Cattery, and 2D Image mode textures.

In addition, Shade is problematic. It depends, critically, upon the options enabled in each persons Second Life viewer.

Finally, even if the process KittyCatS uses to produce the images includes the ability to capture the shade, and even if they set the viewer options so that the differences (which can be subtle) were apparent, it would mean a huge amount of work, adding a huge number of files. Shade would need to be combined with ears and fur. (SHADE x EAR x FUR = # of images needed) So they'd go from needing (16 ears x 88 furs) 1,408 images to needing (8 shades x 16 ears x 88 furs) 11,264 .. and that's not counting Specials which are not breedable .. all of which would need to be uploaded to Second Life for 2D image modes, as well as their web server for the Pedigree and Cattery, and the UUID for each of those 10,000 additional Second Life images would need to be added, without typographic error, to the database so the in-world objects could find the necessary textures.
08-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Heart RE: An odd eye question
Did we find what else Callie said we are missing???

? Amore

Heart Amore KittyCats Heart
Check out all 5 Locations! Lm's in my Profile!
Main Store

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)