Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

An odd eye question
08-20-2013, 11:06 AM
An odd eye question

So...for the eyes that have one eye one color and the other eye another color...are the colors always supposed to show up on the kitties the way they are in the photo?

For example, in Ody Sorbet http://kittycats.biz/eyes21.htm , is the pink eye always supposed to be on the kitty's right eye?

The reason I ask is, I just noticed that the eyes are reversed on two of my cats, a father and daughter. The daughter's eyes are like the photo on the website. Her father's eyes are reversed.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: AmoreJade Cyberstar
08-20-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: An odd eye question
Hi Thorn Smile

Cats with Ody eyes can appear reversed indeed :-)
You have a sharp eye for details!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Thorn Witrial
08-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I think the mysterious small and the curious big eye shape are the opposite way round?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2013, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 11:28 AM by Thorn Witrial.)
(08-20-2013 11:16 AM)Cutie Rau Wrote:  I think the mysterious small and the curious big eye shape are the opposite way round?

Dunno, but this father/daughter pair have Curious/Big eyes.
(08-20-2013 11:16 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Hi Thorn Smile

Cats with Ody eyes can appear reversed indeed :-)
You have a sharp eye for details!

Big Grin

This is what comes of manipulating nanoprims on sl for years to make jewelry! Thanks!
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
08-20-2013, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 12:20 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(08-20-2013 11:27 AM)Thorn Witrial Wrote:  This is what comes of manipulating nanoprims on sl for years to make jewelry! Thanks!

We can shake hands there I'm a jeweler too XD
I'm an known pain in the *ss for seeing every little detail ROFL Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

08-20-2013, 12:59 PM
(08-20-2013 11:06 AM)Thorn Witrial Wrote:  

So...for the eyes that have one eye one color and the other eye another color...are the colors always supposed to show up on the kitties the way they are in the photo?

For example, in Ody Sorbet http://kittycats.biz/eyes21.htm , is the pink eye always supposed to be on the kitty's right eye?

The reason I ask is, I just noticed that the eyes are reversed on two of my cats, a father and daughter. The daughter's eyes are like the photo on the website. Her father's eyes are reversed.

There are a number of the Ody Eyes (Dream and Sorbet come to mind straight off) that reverse when perfect. I have never seen them reversed when they are curious/big as you say these are. I'd love to see pictures!!

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
08-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Hi Liriel!

What do you mean 'reverse when perfect'?

Also, I'll take pix for you when I get on tonight. :-)

(08-20-2013 12:59 PM)Liriel Garnet Wrote:  
(08-20-2013 11:06 AM)Thorn Witrial Wrote:  

There are a number of the Ody Eyes (Dream and Sorbet come to mind straight off) that reverse when perfect. I have never seen them reversed when they are curious/big as you say these are. I'd love to see pictures!!
08-20-2013, 02:24 PM
"Perfect" here means "Mysterious Shape and Small Pupils".

I'd not heard of the color flipping, and usually only rely upon the textual information.

Logically, one would expect either one of two means of "flipping" .. either completely random .. or systemic, such as "if Perfect, then flip", or some other means to determine when to flip.

I would point out that I would expect the flip would only really work when viewed on a "live", 3D-mode cat. The images one sees on the Pedigree, Cattery, and 2D do not appear, to me, to be "flippable".

That said, if the 2D images DO flip: If it's random, I can add a "flip" option to my Build-a-Cat page; or, if someone can document WHICH eyes can flip (or determine that ALL do), and work out the rules, I can add the logic to the web page so that what you see is more like what you can expect to find in-world if you produce the combination you selected.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2013, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 03:01 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(08-20-2013 02:24 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  ...
That said, if the 2D images DO flip: If it's random, I can add a "flip" option to my Build-a-Cat page; or, if someone can document WHICH eyes can flip (or determine that ALL do), and work out the rules, I can add the logic to the web page so that what you see is more like what you can expect to find in-world if you produce the combination you selected.

That would be cool!
That build a cat feature is awesome and if that can be done even more Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

08-20-2013, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 04:56 PM by Liriel Garnet.)
(08-20-2013 02:24 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  "Perfect" here means "Mysterious Shape and Small Pupils".

I'd not heard of the color flipping, and usually only rely upon the textual information.

Logically, one would expect either one of two means of "flipping" .. either completely random .. or systemic, such as "if Perfect, then flip", or some other means to determine when to flip.

I would point out that I would expect the flip would only really work when viewed on a "live", 3D-mode cat. The images one sees on the Pedigree, Cattery, and 2D do not appear, to me, to be "flippable".

I have no idea about the 2D Images, but since I can actually see the difference in my Pedi page, I would assume the 2D images would be the same. I have a cat with perfect (Myst/Small) Ody Dream eyes, and the Blue eye shows on the Left. On non perfect eyes (anything BUT Myst/Small) the Blue eye shows on the right -- and yes, I confirmed all three non-perfect combos.

These are the ones I know or have been told do it --

List Of Eyes That Reverse When Mysterious/Small:
Ody Burst - verified in my pedigree pictures
Ody Carnival - verified in my pedigree pictures
Ody Dream - verified in my pedigree pictures
Ody Kaleidoscope (was told this, but pedigree doesn't reflect)
Ody Sorbet - verified in my pedigree pictures (ALSO reverses Myst/Big, not just perfect)
Wild Odyssey (was told this, but pedigree doesn't reflect)

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)