Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Breeding predictions - Did I figure this out right?
08-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Question Breeding predictions - Did I figure this out right?
So, I've busted out actual real world graph paper, put the pedigrees up on the computer screen in a couple tabs, and the Saga Kittycat Google docs in another tab.

I *think* I'm getting a handle on this.

So, two kitties: Diamond Rose and Firespark.

Only looking at fur and eyes here.

Diamond rose: One parent is a Pink chateau with Fancie Rose Diamond eyes. That parent's parents are a Bali Cream Lynx and a Pinky, each with Fancy Rose Diamond eyes.

Her other parent is a Bali cream lynx with Fancie Rose Diamond eyes, and that parent's parents are a Siamese Lilac with Fancie Rose Diamond eyes and a Bali Cream Lynx with Ody-Rainbow eyes.

So, I think this means that Diamond Rose is a Pink and White chateau that is probably hiding Bali Cream Lynx and possibly hiding Ody-R eyes.

Firespark is a Siamese Flame with Fancie Rose Diamond eyes. One of his parents is a Genesis Domino II. And that kittie's parents are a Siamese Flame with Peach Bellini eyes and a Gen. Domino II with Water eyes.

Firespark's other parent is a Balinese Chocolate Lynx with Strawberry Bellini eyes. That cat's parents are a Bali. Choc. Lynx with Strawberry Bellini eyes and a Bali Cream Lynx with Strawberry Bellini eyes.

So, this means, I think, that Firespark is a Siamese Flame hiding Bali. Choc. Lynx fur (probably). And hiding some flavor of Bellini eye.

In conclusion: I think there's about a 50% shot of having a Pink kitty and 25% each of a Siamese Flame or Bali. Choc. Lynx.

The Fancie Rose Diamond eye is dominant to all other eyes, so a 75% shot at getting those again and a 25% of something else?

Does this seem right?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: Breeding predictions - Did I figure this out right?
What is Firespark's parent Domino II eyes? Fancy Rose Diamond?

The actual odds should be somewhat different, mainly because there's a number of unknowns there which you need to carry them down the generations; and it looks like you're dropping some possible hidden traits and assuming what you see is pure.

But those look good enough for a ballpark estimate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Hi Tad,

Thanks for responding. Yes, Firespark's mother is the Genesis Domino II with the Fancie Rose Diamond Eyes. I was thinking that, since Firespark has FRD eyes too, he got those from mom and his recessive from his dad.

(08-14-2013 04:47 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  What is Firespark's parent Domino II eyes? Fancy Rose Diamond?

The actual odds should be somewhat different, mainly because there's a number of unknowns there which you need to carry them down the generations; and it looks like you're dropping some possible hidden traits and assuming what you see is pure.

But those look good enough for a ballpark estimate.
Find all posts by this user
08-15-2013, 01:00 PM
"Diamond Rose" x "Firespark"

Offspring shown fur odds:

Pink and White Chateau: 50% (1-in-2)
Siamese Flame: 25% (1-in-4)
Balinese Chocolate Lynx: 12.5% (1-in-8)
Balinese Cream Lynx: 6.25% (1-in-16)
Balinese Cream Lynx or better: 6.25%* (1-in-16)
* There is a chance is something more recessive than Balinese Cream Lynx.

Offspring shown eye color odds:

Fancie Rose Diamond 75%
Odyssey Rainbow or better 25%**
** It's more likely to be Strawberry Bellini, or better, but recognize Odyssey Rainbow, or better, is still possible.

The odds on the notes (* and **) are hard to determine. They depend upon unknowns (more ancestor data can help, there) and upon the specific distribution odds used by KittyCatS! when generating boxes (which should forever remain unknown).

Note that Peach Bellini was lost and is not possible. This was probably the biggest mistake you made in your original analysis.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)