Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Survey KittyCat market prices
01-07-2022, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2022 03:45 AM by Evolving Yin.)
RE: Survey KittyCat market prices
My thoughts and experience with pricing:

You can only charge what the market will bear. It does not matter what you paid to breed the cat. If a cat sits for to long then it is priced to high. I have found that live cats sell better than boxed cats. Generally, boxed cats tend to sit. Most breeders don't want to wait two weeks before they can breed their cats, especially with the volatile new trait market. The price on a new trait can fall quickly over a two week period.

When pricing my cats I check Togon's and throw out the highest price and the lowest price, and try to find the average. Every week a live cat sits it costs me money to feed it. I will mark a cat down every week a live cat sits. I price my best cats highest. As a new generation is born I mark down the previous generation that still sits. I will menagerie live cats that sit before I menagerie a box. Boxes only cost land impact, as live cats cost food. I am shocked sometimes the quality of the live cats I have had to menagerie, but it is what it is. You cannot control the market. There will always be those who undersell, and those that oversell. I do what I feel is right, and just try to enjoy the process.

I menagerie cats that are less then 9T unless it is a brand new trait. Since menagerie only pays $20L, I will continually mark a 9T boxed cat that has sit for to long down till I find the selling point. I have even sold boxed cats that have sat for years for $50L. At least I am getting something for it, and more then twice what I will get to menagerie it. Overall, I spend more than I make on sales, but the sales help to offset the cost. I don't think you can expect that the hobby will pay for itself. I find the cat business to be very much like buying and selling stocks. Sometimes we get lucky and we make money, and sometimes we lose.

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Shamu077 Resident , Songdog Woolley , LittleMe Jewell , Devilness Chant , Julinah Resident , Sannctuary Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Aubreygrace Starlight
01-09-2022, 04:00 PM
(12-31-2021 12:39 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  It would be better if KittyCats just put out an end-of-year bounty on turning in massive numbers of cats - in addition to having the menagerie cats.

I would love it if they gave a sized potion to people who menagerie X number of Cats/KittyDollars but most people do not know that you can use these Kitty Dollars not only to get Tigers and Confetti kitties but you can get food and permapet potions.. I think they need to advertise that more as well and add on getting a Sized Potion..

Rayne Morningstar
Auctioneer at Too Adorable
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Si...e/37/98/21
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain , Cassian Vaher , Evolving Yin
01-10-2022, 07:49 AM
(01-09-2022 04:00 PM)Rayne Morningstar Wrote:  
(12-31-2021 12:39 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  It would be better if KittyCats just put out an end-of-year bounty on turning in massive numbers of cats - in addition to having the menagerie cats.

I would love it if they gave a sized potion to people who menagerie X number of Cats/KittyDollars but most people do not know that you can use these Kitty Dollars not only to get Tigers and Confetti kitties but you can get food and permapet potions.. I think they need to advertise that more as well and add on getting a Sized Potion..

I love the idea of a size potion purchaseable only with menagerie K$. Personally I use my K$ to buy permapet for the cats I really want to keep. I have normal sized pets I'd love to be megas so its something I'd buy, I think for use on live cats only though once they are past repacking age.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin , Devilness Chant
01-16-2022, 08:59 PM
I would love to get into breeding more but I just can't afford the food. As it is right now, my cats cost more than the land I'm on and it's a nice size lol. If I had a wishlist it would be to lower the cost of the food and the perma pet formula.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)