Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Displaying Odyssey Equine ears
01-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Displaying Odyssey Equine ears
Every box I get with these ears displays as in the picture below. The pedigree listing looks similar.

I understand these are new(ish) ears, but they've now been around for a while.

I'm not sure if there is a procedure in place anywhere to report this.

[Image: 08d33d43d5579c845ff2684daa2a3635.png]

LISTINGS now exclusively on Torgon's WebMarket: https://torgon.info/manage/#!/kccats?own...20Ballyhoo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito
01-11-2018, 05:31 PM
RE: Displaying Odyssey Equine ears
File a support ticket. The link is at the top of every page: "Support" if you have several examples, get the UUID for each and include them all in a single ticket.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Barry Ballyhoo
01-11-2018, 07:12 PM
My understanding is that a number of support tickets have been filed already and that HQ is aware of the problem, but something else has to happen first. One of the CSRs was explaining in chat. I don't know what the something is, but I guess they are on it.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Barry Ballyhoo
02-12-2018, 08:43 AM
This happened with another ear ages ago. It took them months to get it fixed. I had posted tickets about it and told it would be addressed. Months later, I posted it again and they had forgotten about it. Sad
02-12-2018, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018 10:23 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
This is what we call a exponential-growth problem.

First off, they need a new background shadow for the ears.

Then they need a new image for every fur. There's a LOT of furs. So they need a LOT of images.

And that's just for the web pages.

If in-world assets are needed (say for 2D modes or HUDs) they need to upload every one of those, at 10L per. And then either push out an update, or change a config, or something, so all those new assert UUIDs can be used.

So, I'm not surprised it takes a while.

If I were them, I'd work on combinations which actually exist, first. They can get a list of those with a simple SQL query; but filing a support ticket if you own one and can see it's missing on your pedigree or cattery pages might bump its priority a bit. Still, even that probably takes a while.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: DasEbilOne Resident
02-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Not at all complaining. I am constantly amazed at the detail and wonderful work that goes into the kitties. Even things that have been around ages sometimes, I finally notice something and geek out about it. (Some of the chateau furs have different coloration on each ear shape, Uber Ody eyes can flip from gold left to gold right...) That these sort of little glitches happen from time to time is a tiny little drop in the bucket!
02-14-2018, 05:30 PM
It's been fixed. <3
02-15-2018, 02:57 AM
(02-12-2018 10:35 AM)DasEbilOne Resident Wrote:  ... Uber Ody eyes can flip from gold left to gold right...)

Uber Ody with Mysterious eyes are Blue right and Gold left.
Uber Ody with Curious eyes are Gold right and Blue Left.

I never thought this was a bug, but a feature. It happens on some other bi color eyed cats too.
02-15-2018, 10:10 AM
Callie confirmed once that with Ody Carnival she made sure that myst, small has the colors flipped (I hope I'm remembering that correctly). She puts these things in to see if people notice. Exotic Seas changes colors when the eyes blink. Some others may too. Soul Sparkle, if you watch the left corner of the cat's right eye, I think the texture changes just a bit too. These are very deliberate.
 Thanks given by: DasEbilOne Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)