[Image: b68db908cb97f0e5cadbac29c4f04354.png]

[Image: a19a53182fad66284bc95528a747e50b.png]

Wow, that was fast!! Wink many many thanks Peaches Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell , Ivy Norsk
12-09-2017, 08:46 AM
RE: NEW WHISKER: Butterscotch Tipped Black
only because I got lucky on my pairing for the special baby Smile Congrats on discovering this Claudette!
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
12-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Whooo! New most recessive! Grats!

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
12-09-2017, 04:45 PM
(12-09-2017 08:46 AM)Peaches Latrell Wrote:  only because I got lucky on my pairing for the special baby Smile Congrats on discovering this Claudette!

Congrats on discovering this Peaches! Wink
 Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell
12-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Congrats to both. awesome whisker color and great discover work!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2017, 07:45 PM
I will send my proofs to Saga for their charts. Does anyone know how I submit for the forum based charts? I had thought I just needed to post in the forum but apparently there is more I need to do since it still isn't there. I haven't been active on the forums for some time so I am unfamiliar with protocol.
Thanks for any advice anyone has Smile
12-11-2017, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 09:43 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
Hey Peaches. I've already submitted the proofs to Saga. Smile
I collect them and give them to Bree (Brunabug Nightfire). She has had some RL business and is running several weeks behind on updating the charts. She will get them up as soon as she can.
Arwen collects them for the forum based charts (and Reven too? She used to.)
Basically it all boils down to people being busy and a busy time of year.

Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell
12-11-2017, 10:34 PM
Ah thanks, I submitted to Saga too (oops!). I searched to see if there was a form or info for the forum based ones and couldn't find anything. Thanks for the info Smile
12-12-2017, 05:52 AM
(12-11-2017 09:27 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Hey Peaches. I've already submitted the proofs to Saga. Smile
I collect them and give them to Bree (Brunabug Nightfire). She has had some RL business and is running several weeks behind on updating the charts. She will get them up as soon as she can.
Arwen collects them for the forum based charts (and Reven too? She used to.)
Basically it all boils down to people being busy and a busy time of year.

Sorry Ivy I did not ask if there was something more I could do, as Peaches I am not familiar and assumed that posting here those that manage the charts will export the info. I know is Peaches who provided the proof but if there is something I can or have to do please let me know Wink
12-12-2017, 09:17 AM
You both did everything that you needed to do.

The apparatus behind the Saga Charts is both larger and more crusty/old than most people realize. The google charts are still owned by the original Saga Felix. Access to edit has been granted by her to a succession of people. Right now the only person with access to edit who is actively involved with Saga is Bree (Brunabug Nightfire). Wendi Lavendel, who owns the SagaKitty avatar, and Charles Courtois, own SL land and provide kibble for the Saga Project, but they don't actively look at proofs much anymore. I have access to some of the files where the proofs are vetted, and I do gather up proofs from the forums and submit them directly for vetting. I vet. Bree vets. Arwen isn't officially on staff, nor Reven, but their vetting counts too. HappyDaize has done vetting for Saga.

I am glad that Arwen Swordthain and Reven Rosca have their own chart. It is often more up to date than Saga. That's been true for well over a year now. Redundancy - having information in more than one place and easily accessible - is a virtue and adds security to the whole system of keeping track of the traits. Truly, there is no feud between the keepers of the different charts. We chat. We're friends.

One of the problems behind the scenes, besides permissions, is the storage of the pedigree proof files. These are rather archaically sortable by name of trait. As has been mentioned here on the forum at various times in the past, many of the oldest proofs were kept on notecards. And while those may not be "lost" (they may exist in an avatar inventory somewhere) they effectively are, because nobody currently working on the charts has them. It is also worth keeping in mind, that information stored and searched solely by gyazo links (or similar links) last only as long as the links are good.
I have been looking at new low-tech free database programs for awhile now, but moving the info to a new system, while really long overdue, is a very daunting task, and frankly may not be worth the trouble.

Thanks given by: Claudette Loire

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)