Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

To Permapet or not to Perma pet.
11-13-2011, 11:14 PM
RE: To Permapet or not to Perma pet.
(11-13-2011 11:07 AM)Kimberly Warwillow Wrote:  I still haven't been able to perm-pet anything, but I do use the menagerie a lot!

Same here! I've menageried enough live cats and boxes to buy a single Perma-Pet 120 with the kitty bucks i've accumulated, and now I'm having a really hard time deciding which cat will get the treatment. Tongue

[Image: 6853924930_0f355fc725_o.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2011, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 04:57 PM by Stormrunner Laval.)
As I said - I have perma-petted some of mine because I have no clue how well I'll be in the next 6 months or so and have to pick up SL for a while - plus convenience of not having to run to the store ever week for food.

However, here is a suggestion that may benefit all.

If we could get some $K (store credit) for each permapet we buy I think it would make up for itself - and I don't mean an equal amount to what we pay - maybe 1/4 - after buying 4 permapets we get one free (for example). Plus anyone that buys more then that can actually use some of that store credit to feed new kitties for a short time. Or buy collars and the like.

It is just a suggestion I thought I'd throw out there.
11-24-2011, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 08:26 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
In theory I can buy an old cat on the market for close to nothing because it has no value for a breeder anymore but I think this cat is so damn cute.
If I could automatically get a permapet without any costs this would not be fair.
While I stated earlier it could be nice if a 120 days old cat automatically became a permapet I missed to take some points in consideration:
We receive updates, animation, replacements of the cat when it is lost in the pixelworld and above all it is optional we can also put them on 50% food when they grow old.
I think permapet is designed for people who want to have pets instead of breeding and thank God for that because KittyCatS are the cutest pets in my opinion wether we breed them or not I haven't seen better.
So if I wanted a pet only and not the breeding part I sure would like a KittyCatS cat in this case I would likely go shop for my favorite cat buy the bottle and have a fair priced pet which becomes cooler and cooler with every update send.
In fact I have SL friends who did fell in love instantly when they saw my cats but breeding is not their cup of tea so they bought a cute cat and made it a permapet and they enjoy every bit of it.
And I saw not one complaining about the price for a permapet vitamine, even at breedable age, they consider this to be only normal.

Would you not pay for a pet with such cute animations, plenty of updates and super service over other cats available on the Second Life market?
If I do the math on that one buying a cat from brand X without all these cute stuff as hats and collars and cuddle and such it would cost me the same or even more O.O
Without all these choices of furs eyes whiskers, tails etc.

I think even there would be a great market for pets, people love pets, but not necessary breeding just an idea;-)

So as for permapet or not?
This I think highly depends on how you want to have cats, as a breeder or as a pet these can be two complete different worlds.

I'm a permapet lover and even if the cost of it is the same as feeding it 2 years if you do the math I still love it because it is care free.
So my beloved limited edition collection are obviously permapets.

I agree though if we did bred many cats for 120 days with a kitty (mine are never this long in the breeding process btw as their children become better as they throw their hidden traits) we get attached while it is impossible to permapet them all for most of us.
Is this a reason to stop charging for the permapet bottle?
Not really I think but yeah these fur ball buggers are cute!
I like the suggestion of Stormrunner if at all possible with buying a permapet bottle we could receive some K$ to buy cute stuff.
I bet this will be cool for people who just have them as pets as well so they can meet all available options KC has to offer:-)
Who doesn't wan't a pet with a hat and change it every so often?
I was so highly amused with this update and I'm still in total awe when I look at my permapet with hat gosh that is just to damn cute!

My Favorite Permapet <3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sl_kayleigh...394441577/

Perhaps pointless for breeders but priceless to me ...

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

11-24-2011, 08:53 AM
I agree with the above post.

It makes me so mad when people in second life think they are entitled to getting everything for nearly nothing. Just because it is second life they think the item is therefore less valuable than a RL product, and therefore they shouldn't have to pay as much for it. Well guess what...the people behind your virtual product are RL people and they do need to make a living and pay their bills. The only difference is they work just as many hours or more to bring you these creations for a much less return.

Approximately 2K on a "product" (cat or anything else) is really not that much money. Especially when you are getting free updates, support and features added at a regular basis, for the remaining life of the product. Your item is continuously improving and you have to pay nothing more FOREVER. I would love to see all those that complain about permapet prices working for the rest of their careers for less than 8USD! :/

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-24-2011, 10:04 AM
(11-24-2011 08:53 AM)Khea Karas Wrote:  I agree with the above post.

It makes me so mad when people in second life think they are entitled to getting everything for nearly nothing. Just because it is second life they think the item is therefore less valuable than a RL product, and therefore they shouldn't have to pay as much for it. Well guess what...the people behind your virtual product are RL people and they do need to make a living and pay their bills. The only difference is they work just as many hours or more to bring you these creations for a much less return.

Approximately 2K on a "product" (cat or anything else) is really not that much money. Especially when you are getting free updates, support and features added at a regular basis, for the remaining life of the product. Your item is continuously improving and you have to pay nothing more FOREVER. I would love to see all those that complain about permapet prices working for the rest of their careers for less than 8USD! :/

Amen! As a merchant and as a customer!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

11-24-2011, 10:36 AM
I liked the idea that Stormrunner made, re: receiving some K$ with purchase of the perma-pet vitamin bottle. Smile
11-24-2011, 05:02 PM
(11-24-2011 08:53 AM)Khea Karas Wrote:  I agree with the above post.

This is another thing that made me change my mind - I didn't realize the permapets would keep getting updates - most breedables don't allow pets to be updated. That I'm aware of, Papillion (flutters), KittyCats, and Meeroos are the only ones.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)