KittyCatS! Community Forum
No message when bowls are empty in online cattery - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support Questions??? (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: No message when bowls are empty in online cattery (/showthread.php?tid=37565)

No message when bowls are empty in online cattery - Stenelaide Resident - 08-27-2022 06:02 AM

So I was busy these days and I forgot my daily check in the online cattery. I didn't recieve any alert, not in-world nor on my email, so I thought food was still ok. Boy I was wrong, no food and all cats were sick. What happened to the cattery alerts in- world?

RE: No message when bowls are empty in online cattery - FoxieCat Resident - 08-28-2022 07:15 PM

Hi there!

Our team double checked our alert system, and everything seems to be working normally and alerts are being sent out as they should be to users.

With that being said, Food and Milk warnings for the Cattery are only given as an Instant Message In-World. This means that you might not see them if your messages have been capped within SL. If you have the SL option to forward Instant Messages to your email enabled, the you could receive them there as well.

There is also a setting in the online Cattery that allows you to set a custom number of bowls left for when the Cattery will start alerting you. This means that you can set the cattery to start alerting you when your supply is starting to get low so you have a bit of extra warning and time to refill your stock before they are out. (instead of being notified when there is only 1 bowl left or when there is none left.) This also gives users a bit of extra chance to get the alerts if their SL messages often get capped.

We have a great manual page that goes over many of the cattery settings, including setting up the alert with a custom number of bowls left. You can check it out here: https://kittycats.ws/manual/article.php?id=41&oid=25

I hope this information helps, if you still have any questions, please feel free to file a support ticket and our team will be more than happy to go into further details about your case and assist you further.

Thanks,
-Foxie

RE: No message when bowls are empty in online cattery - Stenelaide Resident - 09-01-2022 07:09 AM

(08-28-2022 07:15 PM)FoxieCat Resident Wrote:  Hi there!

Our team double checked our alert system, and everything seems to be working normally and alerts are being sent out as they should be to users.

With that being said, Food and Milk warnings for the Cattery are only given as an Instant Message In-World. This means that you might not see them if your messages have been capped within SL. If you have the SL option to forward Instant Messages to your email enabled, the you could receive them there as well.

There is also a setting in the online Cattery that allows you to set a custom number of bowls left for when the Cattery will start alerting you. This means that you can set the cattery to start alerting you when your supply is starting to get low so you have a bit of extra warning and time to refill your stock before they are out. (instead of being notified when there is only 1 bowl left or when there is none left.) This also gives users a bit of extra chance to get the alerts if their SL messages often get capped.

We have a great manual page that goes over many of the cattery settings, including setting up the alert with a custom number of bowls left. You can check it out here: https://kittycats.ws/manual/article.php?id=41&oid=25

I hope this information helps, if you still have any questions, please feel free to file a support ticket and our team will be more than happy to go into further details about your case and assist you further.

Thanks,
-Foxie

Thanks for your reply. Before opening the discussion I ruled out the obvious, so IMs weren't capped (not that popular sadly, and group notices are off), nothing in my email, and there is an alert active when 1 bowl is left. I'm almost there, if I don't recieve anything, something is up on your end, because I don't see any other explanation. I hope everything will be fine, otherwise I might need to file a support ticket for a more in-depth check.

RE: No message when bowls are empty in online cattery - FoxieCat Resident - 09-01-2022 03:07 PM

Hi there!

Yes, please, if you do not receive a notification when down to 1 bowl left, then please file a support ticket so our team can take a deeper look into things and we can reply far quicker.

Thanks! Smile