KittyCatS! Community Forum
Red circle dots when setting kitty range - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Cat Chat - General Discussions about KittyCatS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Red circle dots when setting kitty range (/showthread.php?tid=37431)

Red circle dots when setting kitty range - KateRenaissance Resident - 07-05-2022 01:06 AM

Hello everyone.

Was wondering when I set the range of kittycats. There used to be a dotted red circle around the kitty so I could see where the range started and ended in case I needed to change that but I don't see it anymore. I obviously must have changed some settings but I just don't know what. I am using Firestorm.

Thank you for your help Smile

Kate & Kitties

RE: Red circle dots when setting kitty range - Tad Carlucci - 07-05-2022 05:58 AM

particles

RE: Red circle dots when setting kitty range - KateRenaissance Resident - 07-14-2022 08:52 AM

Hello again. I still haven't found a way in firestorm to see the red dots that appear when setting a range for kittycat. I want to make sure I don't go beyond the boundaries of my apartment but at the same time give kitty the maximum room to move around. Help please and thank you from Kate.

(07-05-2022 01:06 AM)KateRenaissance Resident Wrote:  Hello everyone.

Was wondering when I set the range of kittycats. There used to be a dotted red circle around the kitty so I could see where the range started and ended in case I needed to change that but I don't see it anymore. I obviously must have changed some settings but I just don't know what. I am using Firestorm.

Thank you for your help Smile

Kate & Kitties

RE: Red circle dots when setting kitty range - Tad Carlucci - 07-14-2022 10:39 AM

Preferences / Graphics / Max Particle Count
It's also on the Firestorm popup usually found at the bottom right corner when you're logged in.
Set it to the max (4096)

Particles are a client-side thing so don't cause much, if any, lag. The only reason to turn them down is if you're somewhere with a lot of them and they're annoying.

RE: Red circle dots when setting kitty range - Tempeste Desmoulins - 07-14-2022 02:25 PM

In Firestorm's Quickprefs, slide the particle slider to zero, count to 5 and slide it back up. I have found this to be effective on recalcitrant particles.

Non-Firestorm: turn them off and back on with the slider in Preferences/Graphics.