KittyCatS! Community Forum
May I Suggest... - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Cat Chat - General Discussions about KittyCatS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: May I Suggest... (/showthread.php?tid=36280)

May I Suggest... - Beryl Landar - 07-05-2021 07:46 AM

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to vent and just suggest to everyone new and old, please, what ever you do, don't menagerie a kitty that is special to you even if you cant afford to feed him or her or if you loose your home in SL. You can keep your baby in your inventory even if he or she gets sick. I will forever miss my Chilly. I named him after Chilly Willy the Penguin cartoon character, because his little hat reminded me of that, plus he was a winter kitty. He was with me in SL through very strange and unhappy times, and unfortunately I sent him to the menagerie Sad Do not make my same mistake.

RE: May I Suggest... - Tad Carlucci - 07-05-2021 08:33 AM

Never keep cats in your inventory!

Sure, the CSR staff is great about replacing lost cats. But why bother them when you can avoid losing them altogether.

Create an ALT. Send its emails to the bit-bucket so you don't have to listen to all those complaints about how starving your cats are, pass all your cats over to that ALT, and store them in the Cattery.

The question then becomes remembering the passwords for the dozens of ALTs made over the years (going into decades, sheesh) to get some sort of organization, since the Cattery doesn't offer any. But, you know, they're just ALTs and their email address is only used for their KittyCats account, so write both down, and put them in a safe place (we use our fire safe).

RE: May I Suggest... - Ellen Ireland - 07-05-2021 12:02 PM

My "cat-keeping" alts seem to be engaged in an ongoing process of creep toward becoming frequent-use alts, probably because I see their letter coming up on a lucky chair and I can't resist bringing them online to grab goodies and then I actually want to USE the goodies I have grabbed, but I do agree in principle.

(07-05-2021 08:33 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Never keep cats in your inventory!

Sure, the CSR staff is great about replacing lost cats. But why bother them when you can avoid losing them altogether.

Create an ALT. Send its emails to the bit-bucket so you don't have to listen to all those complaints about how starving your cats are, pass all your cats over to that ALT, and store them in the Cattery.

The question then becomes remembering the passwords for the dozens of ALTs made over the years (going into decades, sheesh) to get some sort of organization, since the Cattery doesn't offer any. But, you know, they're just ALTs and their email address is only used for their KittyCats account, so write both down, and put them in a safe place (we use our fire safe).

RE: May I Suggest... - Arwen Swordthain - 07-07-2021 08:15 AM

I agree with Tad, I have an alt I send all the cats I want to keep to and they are stored in her cattery, if I do need to pull them out, like for the shade kitties, they are already updated and the risk of copy delete mes that occur with old cats stored in inventory is not there.