KittyCatS! Community Forum
Organization.... - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Cat Chat - General Discussions about KittyCatS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Organization.... (/showthread.php?tid=32250)

Organization.... - AngharadTruthsayer Resident - 10-25-2018 09:55 AM

How do those of you who have lots boxed cats in the cattery keep them organized in a way that makes it easy to find what you want? It would be easy if I was willing to put all my boxes in my Avi's inventory because I could make folder and group the cats according to their purpose that way, but am hesitant to do that since I can foresee the possibility of a crash causing problems and then the scramble to have support replace a bunch of missing cats.

Interested in hearing about as many systems as possible in order to determine what would work best for me.

RE: Organization.... - Arwen Swordthain - 10-28-2018 03:06 AM

The easiest way is in how you name the cats, then use the drop down menus to search for cats with specific traits from there the name gives you a clue. There are many ways to name cats. # of traits and then a list of showns is most common, some people add potential hids, most abbreiviate in some way or names would get too long, for specific projects cats can be named for that and some people name with parents included.
Its really a matter of finding what works best for you but you are right that using the online cattery for storage is the safest thing to do. Not only are your cats safe from inventory crashes, which thankfully doesn't happen often but I'd guess the more stuff in there the more likely it is to occur, but all cats in the cattery get automatically updated when theres an update, no need to rez out every box to update it.
If you are looking to group cats according to purpose I'd simply name them for the purpose you intend adding any additional info you feel will help.