KittyCatS! Community Forum
LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Breeding (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes (/showthread.php?tid=29621)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - kittyclawz Resident - 09-26-2017 08:31 PM

(09-26-2017 07:13 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Kittyclawz's pedigree:
[Image: 8124f93033f549c8fd8d3cae709828b2.png]

Uber Odyssey has already been proven to be recessive to Opaline. So it isn't so surprising that the mom (Electra II) who shows Opaline, could throw it and that the kitten would show it, and be hiding either Uber Odyssey or the hidden of the father, which is probably Galaxy Star based on your earlier charts in the thread.

Thank you, for the confirmation you all have been so very helpful i trully appreciate itSmile

RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - Brunabug Nightfire - 09-27-2017 01:15 PM

Got Confirmation that Uber Odyssey Eyes are dominant to Galaxy Star...So it is now PLACED in the SAGA Dominance Charts.

Asked Mel if I could post her Pedigree Picture and she said sure!.
[Image: e25896bbe3e80989837e9fbf0124af92.png]

RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - Arwen Swordthain - 09-28-2017 01:44 AM

Thats great news, Thank you Bree and Mel Smile

RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - Serena Stroikavskoi - 10-08-2017 01:25 PM

Just a question to see if it's been confirmed the Uber kitties hide the same eye. If not then I will open more boxes in order to see what else is hiding.

Otherwise if it has been confirmed here's my pure eye.[Image: 0557f143e75d9410c1696580bf9265c2.png]

RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - Arwen Swordthain - 10-09-2017 01:26 AM

Both of mine hid Uber Odyssey however I have heard that not all did but I haven't seen any pedigrees, so at the moment it is unconfirmed that all Uber cats hid Uber Odyssey.

(10-08-2017 01:25 PM)Serena Stroikavskoi Wrote:  Just a question to see if it's been confirmed the Uber kitties hide the same eye. If not then I will open more boxes in order to see what else is hiding.

Otherwise if it has been confirmed here's my pure eye.[Image: 0557f143e75d9410c1696580bf9265c2.png]

RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - Shamu077 Resident - 10-09-2017 01:48 PM

(10-08-2017 01:25 PM)Serena Stroikavskoi Wrote:  Just a question to see if it's been confirmed the Uber kitties hide the same eye. If not then I will open more boxes in order to see what else is hiding.

I have bred eight uberCatS! and they have all had Uber Odyssey as their hidden eye.
I have not seen any pedigrees where any other hidden eye was passed.

You of course have to breed the uberCat with a cat that has UberOdy or better eyes to see it, that is Galaxy Star, Soul Whisper, or Destiny Waters.
So I am assuming that all uberCatS do have uber odyssey eyes hiding, at least for now.

Now the interesting question -
Starter cat traits are determined when you rezz a box from inventory the first time, and those traits will be whatever is present as traits for all starters at that time.

So once the new "Fall" Halloween starter Collections are released (soon), other starter cats may have the new Fall traits hidden as well.

But, what will this mean for uberCats boxes rezzed the first time after the new Fall Collection starters are released?

Will the Uby Odyssey eye still be the only hidden eye in the ubercat starters, or will rezzing them after the new traits are released mean the ubercats might have other new eye colors hidden?

I sort of expect any new eye traits will be overridden by the fixed hidden Uber Odyssey eye as is the case now with the uberCatS.
Hopefully other new "Fall" traits will be included in newly rezzed ubercat boxes, as is the case with other starter cats.
The only way to find out, short of KC actually telling us the answer, is to try it.
And that uses up kibble and milk on starters that might have no new traits even possible!

RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - Ivy Norsk - 10-09-2017 02:59 PM

I indeed heard the rumor that all UberCats hide the Uber Odyssey eye, but don't know if that is confirmed.
It has been confirmed that Uber Odyssey is a Limited Edition eye to be found only in the UberCats.
This should mean that the UberCats will behave in the same way as any other Collection with limited edition traits. When the box is first rezzed, the server should check what kind of cat it is when loading the traits and the appropriate traits should be loaded. For instance, if I had a Scarecrow still in vendor (which I don't alas) and rezzed it in the fall after the new traits were released, my understanding is that the server would check and see that a Scarecrow is eligible to be loaded with a number of LE eyes (full moon, ody cognac moon, ody cognac wine, etc.) and there would be a chance (determined by Headquarters) that one of these traits would be loaded into the box, but the other possible traits available at the time of rezzing could also be potentially loaded into the box, like a new tail or something.

If it is true that UberCats Always Hide UberOdyssey, then an UberCat rezzed for the first time in the fall should still hide UberOdyssey eyes, and could hide non-eye traits available to all boxes at that time, and would Not hide any limited edition traits for Fall that are only available to the new Fall Collection cats.

RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - Shamu077 Resident - 10-09-2017 08:24 PM

(10-09-2017 02:59 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  ...
If it is true that UberCats Always Hide UberOdyssey, then an UberCat rezzed for the first time in the fall should still hide UberOdyssey eyes, and could hide non-eye traits available to all boxes at that time, and would Not hide any limited edition traits for Fall that are only available to the new Fall Collection cats.

The Uber Odyssey LE eye is listed as Retired LE. Can a Retired LE eye still appear in a Ubercat starter, when it is first rezzed after the eye is retired? I thought retired traits were no longer in the trait database that loads upon first rezzing.

An example of a retired LE eye that does load is the menagerie Le Tigre, where Jade or Blush Quartz eye can still be the hidden eye, but NOT the only hidden eye. But these are listed in a different category. as a "LE trait still available in Special Kittycats." Fancie cat LE traits are another example.

If so, then the ubercat LE eye should be in the same category, as a retired trait still available after rezzing anytime in the future, even though the retail package is no longer available. (Retail package boxes are no transfer until rezzed.)

Now the SL14B cats, which were a free pair and no transfer, can be rezzed for the first time this Fall, and could still have new traits as any starter in the Fall since they had no LE traits. Seems the uberCats are a special and new case here. So still confused.

PS: Isn't having to scroll horizontally to read each sentence a pain? Give us back some wordwrap, or limit width of images as Tad suggested!

RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - Ivy Norsk - 10-09-2017 09:32 PM

The short answer to your question is "yes".
The UberCats are retired. They can no longer be purchased from the main store. They were a limited edition, featuring a limited edition eye. But as you point out the Tigres still carry their LE traits... they are not listed in the same "retired" category because you can still go to the Main Store and buy a Tigre. You can also still acquire a Fancie cat through the jewel-collecting process. They are not retired.
But most LEs are retired, like the Scarecrows I mentioned.
The trait database doesn't forget what old retired or Limited edition traits are. Certainly I don't know how the programming works, but it doesn't seem so difficult for there to be something like:
If Scarecrow Then traits a, b, c.. available. If UberCat then traits: hidden eye =Uber Odyssey.
If you mate two Korns today you will still get a Special Baby that is guaranteed to be a particular costume Megapuss.
I don't think it's that hard for KittyCats to make these kinds of specifications.
I do think you're right that the UberCats may be a somewhat special case but I don't think that they're so different from the fancie cats which are guaranteed to carry their particular eye (if indeed all UberCats hide the Uber Odyssey).
You sound frustrated, as if you want your unrezzed Ubers to be able to carry all the new Fall traits. But I think it's reasonable to gather that they won't carry new eyes. If freshly rezzed the SLB14 cats will carry new traits available to all Starters yes, but not any Limited Edition traits from the Fall Collection, which will be exclusive (as Uber Odyssey is exclusive to it's own collection).

Yes, the word-wrap issue is annoying. Smile

RE: LE Uber Odyssey Eyes - Arwen Swordthain - 10-10-2017 01:40 AM

As I said I was told by someone (unfortunately I don't recall who) their Uber Cats hid a more dominant eye but never saw a pedigree to confirm this. I was also under the impression all Uber Cats would hide Uber Odyssey but again this was unconfirmed, in the absence of anyone posting a pedigree to show a different eye pulled it would certainly seem to be the case.
I actually have a pair of unrezzed Uber Cats stashed and was wondering the same thing about the eye upon rezzing now the Uber Cats and Uber Odyssey are retired. Its a simple piece of coding I would imagine similar as Ivy pointed out the special babies but I guess only way to know is for someone to rez a pair and see Smile I suspect its as Ivy stated and that they will likely carry Uber Odyssey eye and if rezzed after the collection release will stand a chance at any new traits that are not Ltd Edition and we do often get a set of Ltd Ed eyes in the Fall Collections only available from those particular starters.
If anyone should happen to rez a pair maybe they could report back here regarding what they get eyewise.