KittyCatS! Community Forum
Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Breeding (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs (/showthread.php?tid=2351)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Tad Carlucci - 03-12-2012 06:54 AM

Actually, I don't care if you credit me or not. And I expect that you'd base your lists on your research mainly and only use mine if you're comfortable with them. The posting was mainly because KittyCatS Resident asked for it a couple weeks ago. Actually, he asked that I do it at the site where I talked about it but the Meeroo folk long ago deleted most of the comments on their Forums so the original posting was not available. Besides, it's KittyCatS information, so this thread in this forum seemed the proper location for such a posting.

Oh, and as to methods: Actually it's A Good Thing to use different systems. You are far more timely than I, and if we use different systems, and see different results, it helps us narrow down where we have to concentrate our research efforts.

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - anna Acanthus - 03-12-2012 03:58 PM

It's a drag to hear that there's new pecking order for the gen 11 furs. Was this REALLY neccessary ? Huh

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Kayleigh McMillan - 03-12-2012 05:40 PM

I was shocked as well I assumed as, one starter pair I have did hide a domino and the other a smokey under their custome together they gave me a smokey, so I figured the hidden fur of the domino was behind the smokey >.<
I know it is still possible but also possible the smokey hides domino >.<
Normally this would be "ever joy" material for me.
I'm kind of confused now.
Normally I would not have this problem because I was not used to breed starters against eachother before but with all these new traits and in this case ambrosia shade it seemed wise to do this ...
Rather confusing for new people as well, I assume, as I think the old genesis furs will be present for long in older special editions.
This would be the same if for example there was made an update, from a designers perspective, on the fur of the Siameses and their dominance order at the same time.
It seems these are two total different things to change.
If the starter furs would look completely different but more important would have a total different name this would have made sense to me.

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Sanura Snowpaw - 03-12-2012 11:30 PM

I would guess it will take a little while to sort out the new order as well. It really is a bit confusing to change up the order but I guess they had to keep us on our toes somehow! LOL

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Kayleigh McMillan - 03-13-2012 11:59 AM

(03-12-2012 11:30 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  I would guess it will take a little while to sort out the new order as well. It really is a bit confusing to change up the order but I guess they had to keep us on our toes somehow! LOL

It seems that way indeed Smile

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Karen Veriander - 03-18-2012 08:49 PM

Am I the only one having trouble accessing any of the links? It's been about a week now Sad

I truly value the work of ALL the people who have worked on this - special thanks to Saga of course, for making the charts so broadly available, and Liriel who was able to explain the basics of breeding in a way that got through even my thick skull - and Tad, your explanation helped make it even more clear. So a huge round of applause to you all, and I hope I can access the charts again soon Smile

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Saga Felix - 03-19-2012 06:34 AM

Some people are indeed reporting problems accessing the charts. I have not done any changes whatsoever, so I am clueless about how this can be - however, Laetitia just wrote me with a possible workaround. It worked for her, maybe it will work for others too? She wrote she usually uses Mozilla Firefox, and the links to the docs worked fine - but then suddenly not anymore.
-So she tried using Google Chrome instead, and simply searched for the documents on the web - and voila, there they were.

Try this if you have problems finding them - and if anyone finds a reason why someone would have trouble accessing the docs in the first place, I would be very happy to know about it.

Saga

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Khea Karas - 03-19-2012 07:58 AM

(03-19-2012 06:34 AM)Saga Felix Wrote:  Some people are indeed reporting problems accessing the charts. I have not done any changes whatsoever, so I am clueless about how this can be - however, Laetitia just wrote me with a possible workaround. It worked for her, maybe it will work for others too? She wrote she usually uses Mozilla Firefox, and the links to the docs worked fine - but then suddenly not anymore.
-So she tried using Google Chrome instead, and simply searched for the documents on the web - and voila, there they were.

Try this if you have problems finding them - and if anyone finds a reason why someone would have trouble accessing the docs in the first place, I would be very happy to know about it.

Saga

I believe it is simply a bug casued by google docs itself. Not by something Saga has done. For those using Firefox like myself, if you cannot scroll down simply right click on the document and open in a new tab or window. This fixes the issue.

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Karen Veriander - 03-19-2012 08:10 AM

LOL, I must be opposite girl, then.

At work, using Firefox (which I don't even have installed on my home computer - I'm not happy with it any more) I can see the documents.

At home, using Chrome (which is all I use at home) I get an error message from any of the links.

This suggests to me that the problem is on my end .... probably somewhere between my keyboard and my chair at home Big Grin For now I'll just periodically snag and email myself copies. Big Grin

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - anna Acanthus - 03-19-2012 08:48 AM

I can remember having this scrolling prob somewhere recently.
What fixed it was simply pulling my browser window up to full size as i tend to downsize it on my big wide screen. Maybe try pulling yours around a bit Karen, who knows ...