KittyCatS! Community Forum
Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Breeding (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs (/showthread.php?tid=2351)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Alyssa Quicksand - 05-14-2013 08:17 AM

? Kingsford

Fur: Bengal - Charcoal
Eyes: Passion (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Small)
Shade: Illume
Tail: Plush
Ears: Mysterious
Whiskers: White (Shape: Mysterious)
Size: Normal

I am still so confused with this and the Traits thing, The Eye's Shade Illume, the 'Grandmother' had them, the mother did not. Now this newborn has them (still boxed), I am trying to figure out how many traits this kitten has so that I may source the information given to help me better understand the process. I was referred to this post about this however when I clicked the Dominance Order for eyes, I am still unable to find the shade Illume. Huh

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Tad Carlucci - 05-14-2013 08:28 AM

Illume is not related to eyes.

There are three charts. One for furs, one for eyes, and one for the other seven traits. Shade is on of those other traits and on that third chart.

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Alyssa Quicksand - 05-14-2013 09:20 AM

Still a bit confused, am a noob to this. Thank you =)

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - dakillakm Resident - 05-14-2013 09:25 AM

Alyssa, your kitty has 8 traits. The most a kitty can have is 9, the only one you are missing is the "mysterious" eye shape. Along with the charts on Saga's google docs she also has a super informative introductory document that really helped me understand the trait counts, genetics, etc. Good luck!

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Tad Carlucci - 05-14-2013 11:39 AM

In brief:

There are (currently) nine traits: Fur, Eye Color, Eye Shape, Pupil Size, Shade, Tail, Ears, Whiskers Color, and Whiskers Shape.

Each trait is independent of the others. For example, there is no relationship between Fur and Eye Color.

Each trait has a number of values. For example, for Fur: Genesis Coco and Russian White are two of the several possible values.

Each trait value has a distinct value: no two names have the same value. That is, when we "compare" the values, no two differently-name traits are "equal". For two different names: one is "dominant" and the other "recessive".

Each cat has exactly two values for each trait. When we "compare" the values, the "dominant" one determines what we see and the "recessive" on is "hidden". For example, a cat with the Genesis Coco and Russian White traits will "show" Genesis Coco, and hide either Genesis Coco or something more "recessive" .. in this case Russian White.

When producing an offspring, each parent randomly chooses one of the two values for each of the nine traits and passes those to the offspring. Since each offspring has two parents, this gives it the two values for each trait which is needs. Comparing those values passed to the offspring determines which is "dominant" ("shown" and, therefore, what we see) and which is "recessive".

The selection of which value that parent passes is "even odds". That is, it's a 1-in-2 chance to pass the "shown / dominant" and a 1-in-2 chance to pass the "hidden / recessive".

These odds are fixed and constant, and independent of each other. That is, the result from, say the Fur, has no bearing upon the, say, Pupil Shape.

---

The other factors for your cat (gender and size) are also randomly determined, and independent of all other factors. These are NOT breedable, and fully random. Your actions can NOT effect the results .. specifically, you can NOT "breed for Size"

Gender is fixed at 1-in-2 odds for Male and 1-in-2 odds for Female.

The odds for Size are unknown but Normal appears far more often than any other size so it's safe to assume, while fixed and constant, the odds are NOT "even" for each size .. some sizes are more likely, and some are less.

---

The other random factor is the production of a Jewel. This is fully random and cannot be effected by your actions. The odds are unknown but appear to be VERY slim that a given offspring will appear with a Jewel.

---

Saga's Charts are our community's attempt to determine the relationships between those values.

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Tijakool Yiyuan - 05-27-2013 02:36 PM

http://saga.kittycats.de/ a little redirect to Saga's Google Trait Collection Smile i hope is helpfull to share it Smile

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - dakillakm Resident - 05-30-2013 04:07 PM

Super convenient re-direct Tija! Thanks!

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Saga Felix - 06-01-2013 02:59 PM

Thank you Tija for that cute link to the charts! Big Grin I will edit my original post and add it.

-Meanwhile, as many of you have probably noticed by the sudden influx of great work being done on the charts, Liriel Garnet is "babysitting" the charts for me. (Her own words ;-))

Liriel is doing an AWESOME job, and is doing it exactly like I always have - PLUS she is still doing her very informative classes, now twice a week. Big thank you, Liriel!

-Me? I am taking a break :-) After taking care of the charts for 1½ years, I feel very lucky that I can sit back and relax, knowing that they are in super-good hands.

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Shadowfaxx Resident - 06-09-2013 01:16 AM

Upping!

RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Liriel Garnet - 06-19-2013 10:44 AM

*bumps*

If any of you are breeding with the new furs (including the Gen III furs!!), eyes, or other traits and have information that might help narrow things down further than they are currently posted, please send me the proofs!

Thanks everyone for your tremendous help as well, we couldn't do this without every one of you Smile

Liri